Marty the Magnificent by Addie Broussard

Marty the Magnificent

by Addie Broussard

No tags.

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is an enjoyable children’s book. I like the message about kids not only entertaining themselves, but also that they could take their time to learn new things. In addition to that lesson, there is a nice selection of Australian animals represented here and any children interested in creatures will get a kick out of the variety shown. It’s a great starting point for discussions on the animals and their habits (compared to animals awake in the day). My only reason for knocking off a star is the missed opportunity to give details on the plight of the koalas. If this character becomes a series, I think more could be done with the message about loss of habitat for koalas and the other animals shown in the book. It wouldn’t need to be heavy/dark, but it could impart an important lesson for kids that is generally overlooked (or at least overlooked without making it the focal point of the story). This is a fun children’s book and I hope to see more from the authors going forward! ( )
  derek.stuhan | Jan 16, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a cute book with great illustrations showing various Australian animals. However, I found itt a little confusing for older early readers. The initial intro says "the cuddly koalas are disappearing because of loss of habitat and (I would add the words, lack of) eucalyptus leaves" - sadly, this idea is not introduced at all in this book. The concept of nocturnal animals should be more clearly presented. There are no night scenes and all of the action seems to take place in the daytime. Even when the author says the sun is setting, the scene looks fairly bright and continues through the next pages. On the other hand, Marty is a cute likeable character and I look forward to seeing him in more books. My little one is only 20 months and enjoyed the story of this cute koala!
  Elle10021 | Jan 8, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a cute book for K-3. The illustrations are beautiful, the storyline is simple. Children will enjoy listening and reading the story of Marty the Koala. Marty has a hard time going to sleep and finds a way to entertain himself and friends. I would like to read more books by Ms. Broussard in the future. ( )
  DonnaGriffin | Jan 5, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Addie Broussard's book Marty the Magnificent is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,655,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible