The Shame of Losing by Sarah Cannon

The Shame of Losing

by Sarah Cannon

322,992,247 (5)None

Shock. This is somehow the story of shock, as well as being shocking. It's the effect of honesty.
There is also the locale: I know the landscape and the routes. We must be in the same strata of some demographic: I have read every book she mentions, I've seen those movies. The music is unfamiliar and I was grateful for that, for the distance it afforded me, because in a sense I felt slapped.
Last year I went to a meeting and gave a young woman I knew a hug. I remember her soft cheek against mine. "We don't get to know each other very well in these meetings, do we?" she said to me and 5 days later she killed herself. Sarah is going to let herself be known. I am in awe. ( )
  MaryHeleneMele | May 6, 2019 |
Days before she turned 33, Sarah Cannon's husband suffered a traumatic brain injury at work that changed everything about her marriage and the life they had planned. Her memoir, The Shame of Losing, tells how she found both suffering and joy as she navigated her new world. It is an honest look at at how an ordinary wife and mother coped -- and didn't cope -- with unexpected tragedy. It is excellent. ( )
  RoseCityReader | Dec 10, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,816,229 books! | Top bar: Always visible