Wicked Bite

by Jeaniene Frost

Series: Night Rebel (2), Night Huntress Universe (16)

In the newest Night Rebel novel, set in New York Times bestselling author Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress world, beautiful, daring vampire Veritas risks all to protect Ian... Some promises are meant to be broken... Veritas spent most of her life as a vampire Law Guardian. Now, she's about to break every rule by secretly hunting down the dark souls that were freed in order to save Ian. But the risks are high. For if she gets caught, she could lose her job. And catching the sinister creatures might cost Veritas her own life. Some vows are forever... Ian's memories might be fragmented, but this master vampire isn't about to be left behind by the woman who entranced him, bound herself to him, and then disappeared. So what if demons, other Law Guardians, and dangerous, otherworldly forces stand against them? Come hell or high water, Ian intends to remind Veritas of the burning passion between them, because she is the only person seared on his mind--and his soul...… (more)

Some promises are meant to be broken...

Some vows are forever...

So, what if demons, other Law Guardians, and dangerous, otherworldly forces stand against them? Come hell or high water, Ian intends to remind Veritas of the burning passion between them, because she is the only person seared on his mind--and his soul...

Thank you Goodreads and Avon Voyager at Harper Collins for a chance to read Wicked Bite #2 in the Night Rebel series!

This series is a spin-off of Jeaniene Frost’s Night huntress series. Which was not a bad series. I just couldn’t seem to get into it at the time. In time I will try again. This book was ok. I don’t have anything bad to say about the series but maybe I would have been more into it if I had read the first book in the series before I read this one. I will try reading the first one and come back to edit this review if my view of it changes. People that have read her other series will definitely like this series. Happy reading everyone! ( )
  thepageladies | Oct 2, 2022 |
2.75 Stars rounded up to 3.

Unlike the book, I'm going to make this review quick and painless.

Worst book I have ever read by [a:Jeaniene Frost|669810|Jeaniene Frost|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1310062695p2/669810.jpg]
It just dragged on and on. I almost dnf'd it many times.

Is there steamy sexy adult scenes? Yes.
BUT! The suspense, the world build and the EXCESSIVE amount of words about NOTHING drove me insane. It felt like she was more interested in completing some kind of word count quota than in writing an interesting story.
There are some good parts. But they are like small gems buried under tons of debris.

I love Jeaniene Frost books. Up till now there was only one Duet spin off that was only okay. All the rest were fantastic. What she has done to two of the most interesting characters in her Night Huntress Universe is, well, I hate to say it but,
SHAMEFUL

The first book in this trilogy is [b:Shades of Wicked|38388574|Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel, #1)|Jeaniene Frost|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1520442527l/38388574._SY75_.jpg|55776652] I gave it 4 stars. I enjoyed it but thought it was off just a little bit.
But this one takes the cake for BORING! and MONOTONOUS!

Once I get the taste of this one out of my mouth I will read the 3rd and final book in Ian's story.
And keep my fingers crossed that it will be more up to par with her other books.
  bodebeabay | Sep 25, 2022 |
Jeaniene Frost never disappoints. Ian was never really my favorite character, but this book has totally changed my point of view. Action packed & SUSPENSEFUL. A MUST READ! ( )
  BooksnTatts | Sep 14, 2022 |
This series and world and characters are just so much fun. I seriously enjoyed this installment, with its dash of angst and interesting world-building! I’m grateful it’s less cliffhangery than the last book, but I still can’t wait for the next. I may have lost Cat and Bones’ story somewhere along the way (I tend to lose interest in settled couples in UF or PNR) but I’m glad to see I still like Frost’s universe. Gonna add some of her books to to-re-read shelf! ( )
  Rhiannon.Mistwalker | Aug 19, 2022 |

Wow. Wow. Wow. This was hot.

All jokes aside, I seriously can't remember the last time I read a decent vampire (or supernaturalish) novel, so kudos to the author for doing such a great job bringing these characters to life. The storyline that was engaging and engrossed me enough in the read nearly left me speechless, the dynamic relationship between Veritas and Ian was superb and their connection was swoonworthy. Just knowing that she meant something even after all his memories were erased showcased that and was further proven by their intimate scenes (prince albert, anyone?). So don’t miss out on this great supernatural paranormal novel filled with action, actual plot and storyline (bless), hot vampires, and oh so steamy chemistry. But… yes there is a but! Please note that this obviously isn’t a standalone, so definitely check out book one of the series to catch up on Veritas and Ian journey in defeating Dagon and rekindling a nearly diminish relationship.

ayoshina | Jul 31, 2022 |

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gilbert, TaviaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

To Gypsy and Loki, and every other pet

that’s brought immeasurable joy to someone’s life.

The world is a much brighter place with all of you.
“Why am I waiting for the bride of Dracula to grace me with her presence when I should be out looking for my runaway wife?”

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,131,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible