Letters from Peaceful Lane by Janet Dailey

Letters from Peaceful Lane (edition 2019)

by Janet Dailey

Allison felt like she'd stepped into a fairy tale when she married widower Burke Caldwell. But after less than a year of marriage, he's become removed and distant. His friends see Allison as little more than a trophy wife, his only daughter regards her as the enemy. With everyone so devoted to the memory of Burke's first wife, Kate, how can Allison possibly compete? Then a harrowing car crash leaves Burke badly injured. But it becomes achingly clear that the woman Burke wants by his side is the wife he lost . . . No longer able to dismiss the power Kate still holds, Allison can't resist reading a trove of hidden letters from Kate to Burke. What she discovers sets her mind reeling. The letters give Allison an enlightening window into her husband's heart. But will she have the courage to put aside her own fears, and grab hold of a love as big and bold as the man she once dared to marry?… (more)
Member:Wilcox_Pub_Lib
Title:Letters from Peaceful Lane
Authors:Janet Dailey
Info:Farmington Hills, Mich : Wheeler Publishing, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, 2019.

Work Information

Letters from Peaceful Lane (The New Americana Series Book 3) by Janet Dailey

Letters From Peaceful Lane is a romance story. Janet Dailey books are always hit or miss for me. This one was a miss. I had trouble believing some parts of the story. I didn't connect with the characters. It just wasn't for me. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JypsyLynn | Mar 27, 2019 |
As I was devouring this read, I had to wonder if all would survive until the last page was turned.
A major accident, the mob, a new trophy wife, a step-mother, a college daughter, just a few of the plots of this book.
Was the accident just an accident? Well, the more you look into Burke’s company, the more you will wonder.
The title of this read, is another sub-plot, and it allows Allison to come to love her husband’s deceased wife. Got your attention, yes, and what a relationship and bond they seem to form.
There is danger here, people you really don’t mess around with, and we have a college age daughter, herself in love with a man that her dad might not approve of.
An emotional read, but one you will keep turning pages for answers for.
As I got to the end, and really involved in the character’s lives, I sure appreciated the epilogue!

I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Zebra, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Mar 26, 2019 |
This was a quick easy romance novel with a nice, even though unbelievable, story and several interesting characters. The main characters are Allison, the new younger wife who is perceived to be a 'trophy wife' but has hidden strengths and lots of love for her husband Burke. Burke owns a theater in Branson MS that has fallen on hard times and he needs a loan to revitalize the theater. His daughter Brianna is a spoiled college student who doesn't like his new wife, Allison. And then we have Kate, the dead first wife who left letters for Burke that she wrote during their marriage and that helped Allison as she struggles with her marriage to Burke. Add in an unscrupulous business partner and you have a story that is interesting and fun to read. It's a story that's been told before but is a good quick read.

Thanks to goodreads for a copy of this book to read and review. All opinions are my own. ( )
  susan0316 | Mar 17, 2019 |
Letters from Peaceful Lane is a story of a woman who married a widower, but can't seem to shake the shadow of his first wife. When an accident happens, she is forced to make some difficult decisions, and many of them without her husband's knowledge.
I found this story to be a little too pat, with everything getting resolved very quickly. The good part of that is the story was over soon, and didn't drag on. There was a nice outcome to the story, but there was never any real drama. When Allison, the second wife, was in a situation that could have been very dangerous, it was not dangerous at all.
This book was just OK, not great, not terrible.

#LettersFromPeacefulLane #JanetDailey ( )
  rmarcin | Mar 4, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,272,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible