The Family Book

by Todd Parr

1,1204514,665 (4.29)1
Represents a variety of families, some big and some small, some with only one parent and some with two moms or dads, some quiet and some noisy, but all alike in some ways and special no matter what.

There are many ways to be a family but every family is special no matter what kind it is. This book covers them all in bright colors and simple text. A perfect introduction to the wide range of diversity in families.

Critical Analysis: This book can be a mirror, window or sliding door and supports children's social and emotional development. It also helps support the social and moral developmental long term goals assisting children to learn about others who differ from themselves and to value this diversity, make inferences about the feelings and intentions of others, and view situations from more than one perspective

Favorite Quote: "All families can help each other be strong!" ( )
  J_Odiorne | May 10, 2022 |
This is a great book that I would use with young children to teach them that many families are different from others. This book is about families from different cultural backgrounds and same gender families. ( )
  karlah1 | Feb 28, 2022 |
a. This book is a fantastic, colorful and age appropriate board book for young children. It shows a mixture of both animals and people, in different colors and shapes to adhere with the story’s message of differences being okay and amazing. This book allows for a child’s family story to be told, understood and represented both at home, with friends and in the classroom. This book supports a variety of family structures, ethnicities, LGBTQ+ family members and allows for children to see themselves and their peers represented, as well as providing a window to see other types of families that exist out there. This book uses both people and animals to show family types. Two quotes that stand out to me are “All families like to hug each other” and “All families like to celebrate special days together!” to show that no matter what the family looks like, they all love each other and are happy celebrating together. ( )
  oflanagan.kelsie | Feb 26, 2022 |
A great book about how all families are different and that's okay. Great for kids any age, especially preschool.
  Remi.Kauffman | Dec 1, 2019 |
For my Family-who sometimes did not understand me, but encouraged me to go after everything I wanted even when we did not agree. As I now realize-this takes a lot of love to do. -T.P.
Some families are big

Hachette Book Group

2 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316738964, 0316070408

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,613,688 books! | Top bar: Always visible