The crochet stitch Bible by Betty Barnden

The crochet stitch Bible (edition 2004)

by Betty Barnden

Author Betty Barnden shared her knowledge of needlecraft design with embroiderers in the Embroidery Stitch Bible-now she uses her expertise as a hand-knitter to bring readers the Crochet Stitch Bible. This is the book crochet enthusiasts have been waiting for. Hundreds of traditional and contemporary stitches are photographed and accompanied by detailed charts in this essential illustrated reference. More than 200 crochet stitches are each clearly explained with a photographed sample, row-by-row instructions, easy-to-follow symbol charts, and comprehensive descriptions of all the associated techniques. Whether novice or expert, this book provides clear guidance for all skill levels with additional chapters on basic techniques and materials, a stitch identifier, and a how-to-use section. bull; More than 200 photographed stitches accompanied by detailed instructions bull; Includes a stitch identifier for easy reference to all 200 stitches… (more)
Member:Newpost70
Title:The crochet stitch Bible
Authors:Betty Barnden
Info:Iola, WI : Krause Publications, 2004.

Work Information

The Crochet Stitch Bible by Betty Barnden

English (5)  Finnish (1)  All languages (6)
The Crochet Stitch Bible, The essential illustrated reference : over 200 traditional and contemporary stitches with easy-to-follow charts. (I am adding there are written instructions as well, in case you don't like to follow charts.)
This is the ULTIMATE Crochet pattern/reference book I have in my crochet collection library of books! This book will remain in my library until it falls apart or until I die, whichever comes first! It is spiral bound which is priceless as a pattern book because it stays open to the page(s) you need it to stay open to while following directions. The book is broken up by chapters of stitch collections. Each chapter lists ALL the different stitches available to crochet, and shows a photo of what the square, circle, oval, etc., will look like completed. It explains the yarns/threads/crochet hooks needed to use, explaining which are better for the different patterns, yarns or threads to be used. These different stitches and can be combined with others to make unique one-of-a-kind projects that become your own customized creations. I use this book whenever I create any type of crocheted item, even if I am using a pattern other than this book. Personally, I prefer to crochet doilies. I think they are elegant, timeless and beautiful. There is an abundance of stitches that can be used for these projects, as well as any other type of project you wish to create. This book, to me, is invaluable, making it a 5-star rating to me. I think anyone picking this book up to read and use would agree the quality of information in this book rates a 5-star. ( )
1 vote lauriehere | May 15, 2011 |
Part of my permanent collection, used as reference and located in the craft room.
  sunfi | Nov 12, 2008 |
I have not yet developed a complete rapport with this book, but I bought it because it came highly recommended in an article I was reading on crochet, and I found the title quite catchy.

It has lots of good things going for it, not the least of which is its size and the binding.

The size makes it perfect for sticking in your purse or crochet bag for all those times you might get stuck waiting and need something to do.

The binding is great because you can open it to a page and it will stay flat so you can actually use it instead of having to put things on it to hold it open while you try to read and crochet.

The editing style of the book is a bit different from my personal favorite American School of Needlework, so there are times that I have to read a bit more carefully than I an accustomed to reading.

I suspect that as I use The Crochet Stitch Bible more it will become more of a favorite. ( )
  ljstahlhut | Sep 23, 2007 |
Another book not really worth the money. I have other crochet stitch books that are much better than this one. ( )
  anastacia | Sep 28, 2006 |
I like how the book breaks down the stitches into categories for quick reference. Inclues color photos, written & diagram instructions. ( )
  irsuzyq | Jul 5, 2006 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,967,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible