Great Job, Mom! by Holman Wang

Great Job, Mom!

by Holman Wang

422,400,056 (4.5)None

I read this book to my granddaughter while her mom was in the room. I am not sure who liked the book more. This is a celebration of mothers and all they do for their families besides their nine to five job. My grandaughter did not understand some of the words but we talked about the wonderful illustrations and asked what is mommy doing? Each two-page spread has a gorgeous illustration and a two line stanza that is completed on the next page. The rhyming cadence is easy to read and makes for good pacing. The author includes some information in the back on how the illustrations are created. Each one is a work of art. If you have a child who is artistic, get them this book or its companion Great Job, Dad! to show them the art and allow them to learn about the process. I definitely recommend this to families as well and primary classrooms. The publisher generously provided me a copy of this book upon my request. The rating, ideas and opinions shared are my own. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
Another hit out of the ballpark for Wang. This is a companion to Great Job Dad. And what a great job he did. ( )
  LibrarianRyan | Jan 24, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Holman Wang's book Great Job, Mom! is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,515,639 books! | Top bar: Always visible