A Cowboy in Shepherd's Crossing

by Ruth Logan Herne

Series: Shepherd's Crossing (book 2)

412,874,847 (4)None
From bachelor to daddy... Shepherd's Crossing is full of surprises Cowboy bachelor Jace Middleton was ready to leave Shepherd's Crossing for good--until he learns his family's unspoken secrets. Now Jace finds himself not only caring for his twin baby nieces, but working with beautiful, strong-willed designer Melonie Fitzgerald to renovate his grandmother's run-down estate. Love wasn't part of the plan...but Jace soon finds himself wishing Melonie could become part of his unexpected family.… (more)

No tags

When Jace receives news that shakes the foundation of everything he’s known about his family his entire life, his plans to leave town grind to a halt. With the help of newly arrived Melonie Fitzgerald, Jace accepts a job for his grandmother, renovates his family home, and learns the stresses and joys of fatherhood in a matter of days.

The moments with the babies are precious and sweet while some of the cluelessness from a few of the adults adds some humor to the situation. And Jace and Melonie? Well, the moments when they give into their attraction made me sigh (just you wait until they dance!) and the rest of the of the time, when they think they know what’s best for the other made me wish I could growl at them a little.

While not crucial to the overall story, I would have liked some more details as to why Melonie was committing to spending a year in Shepherd’s Crossing. I’m sure the details were given in the first book, which I missed, so felt a little on the outside of the situation in a couple places.

Overall, Ruth Logan Herne welcomes readers into this story like family, inviting them to ranch and all of its chaos and warmth. Now I’m ready to find out more about sister number three (and heading back to read sister number one’s story too)

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including NetGalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. ( )
  Suzie27 | Feb 3, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,353,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible