Circus Girl, The Hunter, and Mirror Boy

by Neon Yang

Read Neon Yang's paranomal Tor.com Original short story, Circus Girl, The Hunter, and Mirror Boy As an orphaned sixteen-year-old, Lynette was haunted by the ghost of Mirror Boy, the drowned child who replaced her reflection. Ten years later, she's built herself a new life, but all that is threatened when Mirror Boy returns, warning of danger. A hunter has come for both of them, and unless Lynette can figure out what's going on, they will both perish.… (more)

Wow, wow, wow! This is really good and I would LOVE to be able to read more in this universe! ( )
  smichellehos | May 23, 2023 |
3.5 stars

A borrowed life is better than none.

This was a little chilly and unsettling.
Lovely and atmospheric.

VERDICT : TRY! ( )
  QuirkyCat_13 | Jun 20, 2022 |
Probably more of a 3.5.

I love the author but I didn’t even know about this short story until I saw it nominated in FIYAH’s IGNYTE awards, and I had to read it immediately. It has a bit of a spooky vibe and I don’t usually go for such stuff, but I enjoyed the main character’s desire to have a better life and the mirror boy’s intention of helping people during some of the worst times of their lives, doing so by against his true nature. They both do make a good duo. Beautiful writing as always and it really makes you feel every word. ( )
  ksahitya1987 | Aug 20, 2021 |
A quick read, but an interesting story, I enjoyed it. ( )
  HeatherPerdigon | Mar 21, 2020 |
I realize I am seeing for the first time the shape of her back, the geography of her spine.

I'm not even sure how to describe this, but I absolutely loved it. ( )
  runtimeregan | Jun 12, 2019 |

Neon Yangprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mackenzie, AshleyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I was twenty-six when I started seeing Mirror Boy again.

As an orphaned sixteen-year-old, Lynette was haunted by the ghost of Mirror Boy, the drowned child who replaced her reflection. Ten years later, she’s built herself a new life, but all that is threatened when Mirror Boy returns, warning of danger. A hunter has come for both of them, and unless Lynette can figure out what’s going on, they will both perish.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,591,339 books! | Top bar: Always visible