Say Hello

1None5,579,449NoneNone
Member:justjim
Title:Say Hello
Authors:
Info:Sydney, NSW : HarperCollins Publishers Australia, 2018.
Tags:disability, difference, ichthyosis, love, biography, memoir

Say hello

Recently added byjustjim

No reviews
Say Hello was, for the most part, written on the land of the Kulin Nation. Thank you to Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging for letting me work, learn and create as a guest on your beautiful land.
Thank you also to the leaders of the disability rights movement who have paved, and are still paving, the way for equity today.
This book is for everyone who has felt alone because of their ichthyosis, facial difference, chronic illnes and disability. It's for Little Carly too. It is time to be the person Little Carly needed.
This book is my truth, and researched to the best of my ability.
I acknowledge that other perspectives may differ.
Every two months or so I receive an email from a TV production company or tabloid magazine – the type that run stories on people with rare medical conditions, ridiculing them for the way they look.

I first met Carly briefly on the Canberra Human Brochure PR experiment of 2012. I have always known she had this book in her.

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,200,002 books! | Top bar: Always visible