A Book For Sad Pets by Kristin Tipping

A Book For Sad Pets (edition 2019)

by Kristin Tipping (Author)

1391,057,490 (4)2
Member:PensiveCat
Title:A Book For Sad Pets
Authors:Kristin Tipping (Author)
Info:Uncivilized Books (2019), 40 pages
Collections:Cat Lady Library, I Read This, Your library

A Book For Sad Pets by Kristin Tipping

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
brb gonna go walk my doggo and give him all the treats and belly rubs okay

(Full disclosure: I received a free book for review through Library Thing's Early Reviewers program.)

Hey.

Tell me I'm pretty.

Tell me I'm smart.

Tell me I am of value to someone.

Please, tell me I'll be alright.

I really don't know what to make of A Book For Sad Pets.*

If the mere thought of your furred, feathered, or scaled family member in pain - physical, mental, emotional, you name it - is like a knife to the heart, then A Book For Sad Pets is murder by fourteen stabs. (I counted.)

If, on the other hand, you think nothing of buying a designer dog to specs, like she's a new Ford pickup or a set of custom kitchen cabinets; crow about how your dog is a member of the family...who you keep chained outside 24/7; or dump your senior doggo off at the pound because his incontinence is too much of an inconvenience for you - then this book is meant for you, even if odds are 99.9999% that you'll dismiss it as sentimental librul snowflake nonsense.

I guess maybe the best audience is children, whose minds are still malleable and open to some compassionate guidance?

I fall into the first camp (obvs) and, while it depressed the h*ck out of me, it's also a welcome reminder to put down my iPad/Kindle/keyboard/comic book every now and again and show my remaining nonhuman family members just how much I love and cherish them.

"Please, please tell me that you will always think of me."

* Especially the Goldy panel. It seems pretty tragic, as though Goldy's people view their dogs as interchangeable, but I'll be damned if they aren't also thinking of Goldy 1 and Goldy 2, as Goldy 3 implores. SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS, PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU. THE GOLDIES FOR REAL HAUNTING MY DREAMS.

http://www.easyvegan.info/2019/07/02/a-book-for-sad-pets-by-kristin-tipping/ ( )
  smiteme | Apr 20, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Illustrations are cute and I think my granddaughter would enjoy them. But the message is a little too depressing. When I show her this book, I will "read" a more uplifting message to go along with the pictures. Seems to be a better message for older children. I don't think it will be seen by that target age because it looks like a book for little children. ( )
  suzieqmckernan | Apr 13, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A short but sweet book that is a reminder of how we should love and appreciate our pets. I read this to my 3 yr old grandson and he loved the illustrations. Colorful and simple enough for the youngest pet lovers to learn how to treat our beloved family members. ( )
  Marmie7 | Apr 12, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I loved the illustrations of this book! I didn't mind the message of the book, but my children who are 7 and 9 didn't take to it. They liked looking at the pictures as well, but even though they love dogs and our furry little pal, it just didn't hit home. I have a hard time understanding who exactly this book would excite. ( )
  aheath | Apr 11, 2019 |
A beautiful little book that teaches a sad lesson of rejection and the need for acceptance. My heart is broken. ( )
  PensiveCat | Apr 11, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Kristin Tipping's book A Book for Sad Pets is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,826,172 books! | Top bar: Always visible