Whimsical Cross-Stitch: More Than 130…

Whimsical Cross-Stitch: More Than 130 Designs from Trendy to Traditional

by Cari Buziak

Most projects in this collection can be completed in a short amount of time. Many designs are similar to freebies found on various manufacturer, designer, and shop sites on the Internet. I found only a handful of patterns that interested me enough to stitch. The best audience for this may be a child just learning to stitch as several designs are quick to stitch, colorful, don't require a lot of fabric, and can provide a quick sense of accomplishment. For the nearly $20 purchase price, I will not be purchasing a copy for myself. Stitchers probably want to browse a copy in a bookstore or cross stitch shop before purchasing it to make sure it interests them enough. This review is based on an electronic copy provided by the publisher through NetGalley with expectations of an honest review. ( )
  thornton37814 | Feb 18, 2019 |
I received this e-book ARC of Whimsical Cross-Stitch through Net Galley from Dover Publications in exchange for a truthful review.

The book starts off with the requisite introduction about fabrics, needles, floss and how-to cross-stitch. Then, the book is all about the patterns! Over 130 patterns are included, with DMC floss used in the legends. The patterns are in black and white; each pattern comes with a color reproduction of the final product.

Most of the patterns are small and perfect for the beginner. They are truly cross-stitch patterns, with only a sprinkling of backstitching included for effect.

I can't wait to try these patterns: the patterns in the Dashing Designs chapter are most intriguing to me. Other chapters include Animals: Real & Fantasy, Home& Hearth, Nature in Bloom and Special Occasions. ( )
  deslivres5 | Feb 15, 2019 |
Looking for quick, easy cross-stitch patterns? Whether you are a beginner cross-stitcher or more experienced, this book is full of fun little projects to relax with. There are a range of patterns from those suitable for children, Celtic designs, and nature-inspired. ( )
  aztwinmom | Feb 13, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,423,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible