Brave Molly

by Brooke Boynton-Hughes

What do you do when no one can see your monsters but you? At first, Molly runs from them, but they follow her down the sidewalk, get in the way when she tries to make a new friend, pop unexpectedly out of shadows, relentless and multiplying until finally... Molly faces down her fears. Author/illustrator Brooke Boynton delivers a modern classic in this empowering, wordless adventure, honouring everyday acts of bravery and the ability of friendship to banish the monsters that haunt us. This book is for anyone who has faced their own invisible monsters.… (more)

meeting new people is terrifying for some people, like Molly.
Molly does it anyway ( )
  melodyreads | Apr 20, 2021 |
I really liked this book. This was one of the books that don't need words to tell the story. It was about a little girl who had monsters "anxiety, depression, etc.) following her around, until one day she stood up to them. I think this would be an important book to have in the classroom for students who may be struggling with emotions, mental health, or anything else that heavily weighs on their minds. I think it would be a good introduction to the conversation about having to attend to these problems. I think this text would serve as a good writing model because it shows kids that you don't need words to tell a powerful story. You can do it through any form of expression. ( )
  ShannaYoung | Oct 1, 2019 |
Brave Molly has no words, but yet it speaks volumes. We meet heroine, Molly, as she is combating daily battles with fear and anxiety. The monsters that follow her are holding her back and keep her isolated. She is desperate to escape the shadow monsters that want to keep her down, but she fights back. Finding a friend is a great first step into a much brighter picture. ( )
  NDeBlieux | May 8, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,520,779 books! | Top bar: Always visible