Well Met by Jen DeLuca

Well Met (edition 2019)

by Jen DeLuca (Author)

Series: Well Met (1)

Emily knew there would be strings attached when she relocated to the small town of Willow Creek, Maryland, for the summer to help her sister recover from an accident, but who could anticipate getting roped into volunteering for the local Renaissance Faire alongside her teenaged niece? Or that the irritating and inscrutable schoolteacher in charge of the volunteers would be so annoying that she finds it impossible to stop thinking about him? The faire is Simon's family legacy and from the start he makes clear he doesn't have time for Emily's lighthearted approach to life, her oddball Shakespeare conspiracy theories, or her endless suggestions for new acts to shake things up. Yet on the faire grounds he becomes a different person, flirting freely with Emily when she's in her revealing wench's costume. But is this attraction real, or just part of the characters they're portraying? This summer was only ever supposed to be a pit stop on the way to somewhere else for Emily, but soon she can't seem to shake the fantasy of establishing something more with Simon or a permanent home of her own in Willow Creek.… (more)
Member:britabee
Title:Well Met
Authors:Jen DeLuca (Author)
Info:Berkley (2019), 336 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Rating:**

Well Met by Jen DeLuca

The "ren faire" was a fun backdrop for the story and I learnt something about the concept, including a cute hand fasting ceremony. The audiobook was read by Brittany Pressley who did a great job of the male voices and at varying the female voices. Not to put it too crudely, the H/H's baggage was a touch overworked but that is more usual than unusual in the average romance novel. Still, it was an involving listen. ( )
  Okies | Feb 23, 2021 |
3 1/2 stars! I thought it was a very sweet story and it had a unique concept that I had never read before. This was a great rom com that had me laughing throughout the story and had great characters. I read it in one day but it still took me longer than normal to get through it which is abnormal for me when it’s such a short book. I would still recommend this book to others and can’t wait for the sequel, Well Played to come out in September. ( )
  autumnpressley | Jan 19, 2021 |
This was just perfect. I have never been to a renaissance fair but I want to go to one now. The romance in this story was beautiful and so full hopes and dreams. The writing style was beautiful and engaging. I can see why book has been getting a lot of hype on YouTube/ Booktube. And for the hype was real. I started this and did not want to put this down. I will be 100% reading this again soon. I cannot wait to get back into the world with Emily and Simon and the rest of Willow Creek. Will also be picking up more books by this author in the future. ( )
  AndreaWay | Nov 15, 2020 |
Sweet love story. Nothing new or great ( )
  shazjhb | Oct 26, 2020 |
Recommended by Abby T.

Emily has come to the small Maryland town of Willow Creek to help her twelve-years-older sister, April, take care of April's 14-year-old daughter, Caitlin, while April recovers from a car crash. Emily gets roped into volunteering for the local Renaissance Faire because the younger volunteers (Caitlin) have to have an adult sign up too - and there, Emily meets handsome, flirty Mitch, and slim, dour Simon. As the summer continues, Emily learns a little more about the people in Willow Creek, including Simon, whose charismatic older brother Sean started the Faire. She finds a part-time job at a bookstore (which happens to be run by the woman who plays Queen Elizabeth at the Faire) and is starting to feel like she could stay in Willow Creek permanently - as long as she's wanted. (Emily had dropped out of college to support her boyfriend Jake as he went through law school. When it was her turn to finish her education, he dumped her instead.)

Quotes

The dead are held in such high esteem that we we only remember the good things, and we not only forgive their faults but we forget them. (ch. 13)

Why was it so easy when it was someone else's problem? Why couldn't I give the same advice to myself? (ch. 18)

I needed to stop being afraid to stand up for myself. I needed to ask the questions that mattered, instead of waiting for life to happen to me. (ch. 21) ( )
  JennyArch | Sep 14, 2020 |

Jen DeLucaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Pressley, BrittanyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,063,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible