How to Love a Duke in Ten Days

by Kerrigan Byrne

Series: Devil You Know (1)

The first in an exciting new series by USA Today bestseller Kerrigan Byrne! These men are dark, bold, and brave. And there is only one woman who can bring them to their knees... Famed and brilliant, Lady Alexandra Lane has always known how to look out for to herself. But nobody would ever expect that she has darkness in her past--one that she pays a blackmailer to keep buried. Now, with her family nearing bankruptcy, Alexandra strikes upon a solution: Get married to one of the empire's most wealthy eligible bachelors. Even if he does have the reputation of a devil. LOVE TAKES NO PRISONERS Piers Gedrick Atherton, the Duke of Redmayne, is seeking revenge and the first step is securing a bride. Winning a lady's hand is not so easy, however, for a man known as the Terror of Torcliff. Then, Alexandra enters his life like a bolt of lightning. When she proposes marriage, Piers knows that, like him, trouble haunts her footsteps. But her gentleness, sharp wit, independent nature, and incredible beauty awakens every fierce desire within him. He will do whatever it takes to keep her safe in his arms. "Romantic, lush, and suspenseful."--New York Times bestselling author Suzanne Enoch… (more)

I really enjoyed watching the couple's feelings develop. The mystery and villains were just so-so for me, but the main characters were interesting and engaging. ( )
  JorgeousJotts | Dec 3, 2021 |
It's a thrilling day! I finished a book I had not yet read.
🍾🥳

I thought this book was decently done, a bit heavy-handed, and engaging. I mean it was your typical Kerrigan Byrne! That's a good thing. It's not a bad thing!

I recommend reading other people's reviews that's, but especially now. I'm only writing this to entertain myself at this point. I know it's not useful to you all. But I'm amused! ( )
  samnreader | Sep 21, 2020 |
Oh MY!! Where to begin? The title caught me. I love anything Celtic. I was very impressed that I actually felt for the characters. Each one of them had some substance. I actually cried a few times. The love was tangible. And what anyone (man or woman) could only hope for. I will however put the warning out there for people such as myself...there is a lot of sex. I am not a fan of sex scenes as I feel like they are a waste of time and much like a television commercial. I normally skip past them in a book to get back to the actual story. These scenes are passionate but I also actually felt them to be a beautiful explanation to the bond that the two main characters were nurturing. I still skipped over them but the conversation afterward was deeply felt. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Jul 7, 2020 |
This is the second series I've read by Kerrigan Byrne and I think I need to go and find all her other books. I loved the start of this series! Can't wait for the next one, which is hinted to be Cecelia's. Piers and Alexandra are an awesome fit and once they both realize it, it's so much better!

This review is based on an ARC from NetGalley, courtesy of the publisher. All opinions are my own. ( )
  Caelijean | Apr 21, 2020 |
Kerrigan Byrne does an amazing job of writing wounded people. Be warned - this book starts with a rape and this event changes the life of Alexandra Lane forever. She vows never to marry and her 2 best friends help her hide the coprse after her struggle ended in the death of the rapist.
Ten years later, the secrets still haunts her and as she rushes to her friends side to find out why she is marrying - Alexandra sacrifices herself to marry the Terror of Torcliff - AKA the Duke of Redmayne.
All of this takes place against a backdrop of blackmail and attempted murder. ( )
  ddeluna1 | Mar 19, 2020 |

Kerrigan Byrneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Perkins, DerekNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

To every survivor.
#metoo
Do you know why I called you to my study at such a late hour, Lady Alexander?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,588,135 books! | Top bar: Always visible