Finding Grace by K. L. Slater

Finding Grace

by K. L. Slater

151998,953 (3.83)None
This morning, my daughter sat right here, munching her breakfast, too excited to finish it. Now, she is missing. The day after her ninth birthday, Lucie and Blake Sullivan agree, for the very first time, to let their daughter, Grace, make the four-minute walk back home alone from a friend's house just down the street. They joke with friends about hiding behind bushes to ensure she is safe. But the joke turns sour when Grace does not appear. Despite the best efforts of the police and local community, Grace seems to have vanished into thin air. With hope fading fast, Lucie knows she can rely on her husband to support her through such dark times. That is until the day she makes a shocking discovery, hidden in Blake's desk, and suddenly she begins to doubt everything she knew about the man she married. But Lucie harbours a terrible secret of her own. One that she has never shared with anyone, even Blake ... And as the search for Grace reaches fever pitch, Lucie receives a terrifying message. If she is ever to see Grace again, Lucie has no choice but to face the past she tried hard to bury forever. And she must do it alone. The most gripping psychological thriller you'll read this year from the bestselling author K.L. Slater. If you love The Wife Between Us or Gone Girl, you'll be totally hooked on Finding Grace. What everyone is saying about Finding Grace: 'An absolute scorcher!! K.L. Slater has truly outdone herself with her newest story Finding Grace, and I'm already having a feeling it will appear on my list of 2019 favourites... Such suspense! Such twists! If you like nailbitingly good psychological thrillers that keep you on the edge of your seat, look no further because you have found something new to read. I literally cancelled all plans, sat down and devoured Finding Grace in one sitting. Yes, it was just THAT good.. Plot twist bomb after plot twist bomb will be dropped on you as you get more tangled up in the web of secrets and lies. . Finding Grace ticked all the boxes for me and more, and I can 200% recommend it to any fan of the genre. It's simply a must-read!' It's All About Books, Five Stars 'I love how the author has you pointing the finger at so many people ...Finding Grace has plenty of twists and turns with some shocking outcomes. The suspense and tension literally jumps out from every page, keeping the reader alert and on edge throughout. An O to the M to the G of a read!' By the Letter Book Reviews, Five stars 'Simply full on from the word go ... enough twists and turns to keep you guessing right up to the final page ...This is a novel that grabs hold and simply does not let go. I could not turn the pages fast enough to discover what had happened to Grace on a seemingly safe and familiar walk through her own neighbourhood' Goodreads reviewer, Five stars.… (more)

Grace Sullivan just turned nine and has been begging her parents, Lucie and Blake Sullivan, for independence. She begs to walk home from a friend's house. Both Blake and the friend's father agree to each watch her walk partway. It is just down the street, but it is a chance the parents finally agree to take. The one time they allow it, Grace simply disappears.

How tragic! The police find no clues and every search comes up empty. Lucie feels her and Blake are in it together and that he can help keep her strong. She also has the help of her father, especially when it comes to helping to care for her infant during the ordeal. However, Blake seems untrustworthy to Lucie after she finds something huge in his desk. What is he hiding. Is he in any way responsible for Grace's disappearance?

Blake is not the only one with a secret he is dreadfully unwilling to share. Lucie has a secret of her own. A huge one. This could cost her everything. But, she tries to put those terrible concerns aside in the vigorous attempt to discover whatever could have happened to Grace.

Suddenly, Lucie receives a terrifying message. If she does not agree to face her past, she might never see Grace alive again. While hopeful, the past is something that petrifies her. Who can she confide in?

Finding Grace is an engaging book, one that I devoured in one sitting. I found it impossible to put down. I was torn between wanting to know about Grace's whereabouts and Lucie's secrets. The ending was a bit of a surprise and I would never have been able to guess the culprit. I enjoy K.L. Slater and look forward to reaching much more from her.

Many thanks to Bookouture and to NetGalley for this ARC to review in exchange for my honest opinion. ( )
  RobinLovesReading | Oct 25, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,565,763 books! | Top bar: Always visible