HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Cassell's Dictionary of Classical Mythology (Cassell Reference) (1998)

by Jenny March

An award winner by an expert on ancient Greek culture Gods and goddesses, personalities and places, history and archeology: this fascinating and superbly authoritative work taps into the richest veins of the classical world--its mythology. It covers all the principal stories, characters (divine, human, and animal), sacred sites, and important events that shaped past civilizations...and our own. Extensive quotations from the original sources and over 100 illustrations enliven more than 400 articles.… (more)

This is my go-to book whenever I want to remember some detail or variant about a Greek or Roman myth. It's accurate, cites ancient sources so you know which variant came from whom, and is detailed without bogging down. For more on Greek mythology and Troy www.judithstarkston.com ( )
  Judith_Starkston | May 28, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 183,031,684 books! | Top bar: Always visible