Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse by Rick…

Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse (edition 2007)

by Rick Riordan (Author)

When the goddess Artemis disappears while hunting a rare, ancient monster, a group of her followers joins Percy and his friends in an attempt to find and rescue her before the winter solstice, when her influence is needed to sway the Olympian Council regarding the war with the Titans.
Member:Dreklogar
Title:Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse
Authors:Rick Riordan (Author)
Info:Penguin (2007), Edition: First Edition, 304 pages
Rating:*****

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan (Author)

English (307)  Spanish (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  French (1)  German (1)  Creek (1)  All languages (314)
I found the whole series somewhat predictable, was annoyed by Percy being so slow to understand things and was even bored a couple of times. The only thing that had me going was the Greek mythology, but it couldn't hold my interest for long. After reading two and a half books, I've finally given up. Had I read this series as a kid, I might have enjoyed it.
  anushanarasimhan | Feb 5, 2020 |
In this installment, we meet the redeemable group of men-hating crazy women, Artemis's hunters. I remember hating these girls like crazy when I was younger (and I still think Bianca's a little jerk, but whatever) but found them a lot more reasonable this time around. Also, this one actually made me shed a tear, which is crazy because I never cried in this one before; I only ever cried in The Last Olympian in Luke's backstory scenes (I sob like a baby in those scenes).

Also, I just have to

Rachel: The heck?
Percy: You can see me?
  Faith_Murri | Dec 9, 2019 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Halfway through the series and it's starting to get a bit repetitive, both the books and my reviews, I'm afraid.

Because I still really liked the mythology, which for me really is the strongest point of the series. I never particularly likes Percy or Annabeth, I mean they are nice enough but the teaming up of the smart girl and the not so smart but good boy who's going to save the world is something I've seen a bit too many times before. Therefore, neither of them really stood out. The mythology, however, did. (And I know this is not the only series using a lot of Greek mythology, but it's very cleverly done, positioning it in modern America. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to set the story in Europe).

Artemis and her Hunters were introduced in this book, and made the story for me. Also, the prophecy is getting more complicated still. I did start to get the feeling when reading this that the story follows the same structure every time (both in and between the books). While not my favourite, I still really enjoyed reading it. ( )
  Floratina | Dec 7, 2019 |
I asked my thirteen-year-old for some YA/MG recs for a Bookopoly prompt last month, but then I never ended up landing on that prompt. Still, the intensity with which he held my gaze after pointing out that I'd never finished the Percy Jackson series convinced me to put books 3-5 back on my to-read list.

I think I enjoyed this book more than the previous two. Maybe because now I know what I'm getting out of a Percy Jackson book, so there's no more "adjusting" period to reading a book for middle-grade readers. Maybe it's because my kid has been recommending MG/YA books to me more frequently. Maybe it's just because I was so charmed by the idea of Artemis turning boys who trespassed in her girls-only camp into jackalopes. Jackalopes. Now that's a goddess I'm invested in seeing that she's not overthrown by cranky titans.

Anyway, it was fun. And I guess I'm committed to finishing out the series after all. ( )
  greeniezona | Oct 22, 2019 |
Well, these kids go through a lot.
Why are the adults in this world so okay with kids running off on dangerous adventures? Jeeze.
THEY COULD HAVE DIED
I'm not a fan of Thalia. ( )
  Shahnareads | Oct 22, 2019 |
So it's funny, but it's also very exciting, with the gods behaving in that disgraceful and unpredictable way that gods do. Then there are the really bad guys. If you're familiar with these ancient characters, you'll be impressed by how Riordan handles them. If they're new to you, it's a gripping introduction.

Readers who are familiar with ancient mythology will enjoy Riordan's tongue-in-cheek approach; those who aren't just might be tempted to go to the original sources to learn more.

Riordan, RickAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Topher Bradfield

A camper who has made a world of difference
The Friday before winter break, my mom packed me an overnight bag and a few deadly weapons and took me to a new boarding school.
This LT work is the third volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,375,072 books! | Top bar: Always visible