F is for Fairy (Alphabet Anthologies Book 6)…

F is for Fairy (Alphabet Anthologies Book 6) (edition 2019)

by Rhonda Parrish (Author)

"Anyone who believes that faeries are wee, golden-haired creatures with dragon-fly wings and sweet intentions has never met a real faerie." -Suzanne Willis, "A Silver Thread Between Worlds"Retellings of familiar favourites from new perspectives, and brand new stories share the pages of this fairy-themed collection. Within these offerings you'll find fairy music and food, contracts (making and breaking them), changelings, circles and curses-these stories deliver all the things you already love about fairies and a few new tricks as well.A dusting of dragons, shapeshifters and ogres accompany these tales which include feminist fairies overcoming trauma, Norse fairies breaking the rules to interfere in human affairs, intergalactic fairies hitching a ride to a new home, political satire featuring an idiot king and talking animals, a new Robin Archer story, fairy run nightclubs and so, so much more.Altogether this anthology includes twenty-six brand new tales-one for each letter of the alphabet-from contributors Pete Aldin, Steve Bornstein, Andrew Bourelle, Stephanie A. Cain, Beth Cato, Sara Cleto, Cory Cone, Danielle Davis, Megan Engelhardt, Michael Fosburg, Joseph Halden, Lynn Hardaker, L.S. Johnson, Michael M. Jones, Jeanne Kramer-Smyth, Samantha Kymmell-Harvey, C.S. MacCath, Jonathan C. Parrish, Alexandra Seidel, Michael B. Tager, Rachel M. Thompson, Laura VanArendonk Baugh, Brittany Warman, Lilah Wild, Suzanne J. Willis and BD Wilson… (more)
Member:jenny_acc
Title:F is for Fairy (Alphabet Anthologies Book 6)
Authors:Rhonda Parrish (Author)
Info:Poise and Pen Publishing (2019), 554 pages

F is for Fairy (Alphabet Anthologies Book 6) by Rhonda Parrish

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Decent collection of tales that I enjoyed. I like anthologies as it introduces me to new authors. If you like unique fairy tales you should like this book. ( )
  llyramoon | Jan 7, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
So I may be a little slow, but it took me a couple of stories to realize that I was reading an anthology (obviously did not read the front pages) but once I caught on to the concept of alphabet and fairies, I was hooked. Not just hooked but impressed with the varied level of knowledge of the "supposed" realm of elves. Of course some of the short stories were better than others but in total, I would give it a boisterous thumbs up to read. Nice to see stories about the non-goodie goodie elves also. A good mix of stories and elf types. I think my favorite would be the WWII elf and the consequences of real names (read about her and find out). Good book and loads of fun. Definite keeper. ( )
  RandyHarper | Nov 22, 2019 |
Oh, what fun!
A whole huge set of stories about fairies. Some of the fairies are very very nice, but *some* of them are actually well dare I say evil? I *loved* it!!!!! ( )
  Nightwing | Nov 4, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
One of Parrish’s Alphabet Anthologies. These comprise 26 short stories all linked to the theme of the book; in this case, fairies.

I thought this could turn out rather twee, but in fact I enjoyed most of the stories - most had a bit of a twist, enough to cut the sweetness. In fact, these were closer to the original concept of the Fair Folk than the cloying Victorian imagery that is the more usual take.

Recommended.
  Maddz | Oct 23, 2019 |
Not your momma's fairy tales!
From A to Z, a tale for each letter. Some are retellings of your favorite stories from childhood, and some take you to new worlds altogether ( )
  TinaFoo | Oct 10, 2019 |

Wild, LilahContributorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Willis, Suzanne J.Contributorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wilson, BDContributorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Rhonda Parrish's book F is for Fairy is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Rhonda Parrish is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,388,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible