Ford 429/460 Engines: How to Rebuild by…

Ford 429/460 Engines: How to Rebuild (original 2019; edition 2019)

by Charles Morris (Author)

1151,193,333 (4.83)None
Member:sunriseriver
Title:Ford 429/460 Engines: How to Rebuild
Authors:Charles Morris (Author)
Info:Cartech Inc (2019), 144 pages
Collections:Tattoo/Pinstriping

Ford 429/460 Engines: How to Rebuild by Charles Morris (2019)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Great resource, I was interested in this book for my teenage son, who is interested in anything to do with cars. He was so into it he did not put it down. He is planning on using this information this summer with the help of his cousin and father.

It is very informative, I like how the information is coded with icons to help focus the readers attention. Especially the "Save Money" parts, this is very beneficial to people with not a lot of money. ( )
  Rothfuss | Apr 20, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a great book & reference manual! They included what you would expect from a Workbench Series book – history and evolution of the 385 series, disassembly and machine work, etc…. Additionally they showed over 600 color photos, details about the reassembly and improving performance, plus they went into the finer points like ring gaps and how to degree the cam. Excellent book! ( )
  RevRV | Apr 16, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Wasn't really after the rebuilding portion of the book, although it was interesting and informative. What I really enjoyed was the history and the development stages of these monster motors. I have worked on one in a race/show car, and made it run very well. A street legal and driveable Fairlane running in the 11's. ( )
  azroadrunner88 | Apr 11, 2019 |
I am use to working on GM (Chevy, Pontiac, GMC) engines and as far as Ford went in my heyday the big block was the classic Boss engine. The last Ford engine I ran was a 5.4L SOHC. This book covers some good basics for someone who wishes to build or especially rebuild a Ford 429/460. The author rightly starts with disassembly. And takes you step by step through the process of rebuilding. Each step in the process is explained and combined with many photographs that are pertinent to the subject being discussed.

This is a book you would want out on your workbench along with Fords manual. If you are considering a rebuild I would definitely read this book first so you can understand the scope and complexity of the project and make an informed decision. The picture, charts and illustrations are clear and useful as is the well written text. An excellent addition to your automotive library. ( )
  hermit | Apr 6, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I got this book and am so excited to start working on a project car with my son. I am a complete novice when it comes to automotive repairs or restorations. I read through the book and feel more than confident that we will be able to rebuild an engine. The book is very beginner friendly and covers everything from determining if the engine needs to be rebuild, removal, fixing, reinstalling and more. The book also includes full color step by step pictures and instructions. Very well made book. ( )
  Keishab | Apr 3, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Charles Morris's book Ford 429/460 Engines: How to Rebuild is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,141,291 books! | Top bar: Always visible