The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss

The Cat in the Hat (original 1957; edition 1957)

by Dr. Seuss

Two children sitting at home on a rainy day are visited by the Cat in the Hat who shows them some tricks and games.
Member:cschajer
Title:The Cat in the Hat
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Random House (1957), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 61 pages
Collections:Max's Books

The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss (1957)

The Cat in the Hat Comes Back by Dr. Seuss (Anonymous user)
    Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss (gilberts)
    Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg (raizel)
    raizel: Both books deal with children left home alone who endure escalating chaos until everything at last returns to normal.
    One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish has the same kind of humor as The Cat in the Hat.
    My Friend is Sad by Mo Willems (goodiegoodie)

English (447)  Spanish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (451)
There's a reason that this book is a classic, and that reason is that it's genius. It's super-funny, very catchy rhythmically, fun to say and read, full of action and suspense and emotion. My daughter LOVED it and had it memorized before she was two (so did we, because she made us read it to her a million times). One of our most treasured childhood videos will certainly be her "reading" this book to us at 21 months: "And then everything falls! Oh no. Ball falls. Rake falls. Cake falls. And fish is SAD." [return][return]And it is so delightful for adults to read something intended for kids that is NOT awful. [return][return]Recommended for all parents of little people, for both of you to read and enjoy. ( )
  adaq | Dec 25, 2019 |
A classic that stands up well - the Cat is a troublemaker but a lot fun. Great rhyming text and insubordinate silliness throughout. Thing One and Thing Two are brilliant, weird characters. Everything goes from chaos back to order by the end. For young and old alike. ( )
  Grandma_B | Dec 14, 2019 |
Perhaps Seuss' most iconic; the perfect blend of his absurdism and narrative. ( )
  therebelprince | Dec 14, 2019 |
In this story, The Cat in the Hat finds himself entertaining two children for the day while their mother is at work. However, this is no nice cat. He causes all types of troubles from messing the couch up, getting pain on the wall, and even messing their moms party dress up. Embark on this story to find out if the cat can clean up this huge mess he made. ( )
  AustinDW | Dec 9, 2019 |
I like this book because it is entertaining. ( )
  CarlieDodd | Dec 6, 2019 |
This is classic book to be used in a lesson about rhyming. This is also a book to use in celebrating Dr. Seus Day!
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day.

Michievous feline
Entertains kids with mayhem
Ignores miffed fish.
(Marissa_Baden)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,573,543 books! | Top bar: Always visible