New Moon (2006)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (2)

40,453100928 (3.67)2 / 680
When the Cullens, including her beloved Edward, leave Forks rather than risk revealing that they are vampires, it is almost too much for eighteen-year-old Bella to bear, but she finds solace in her friend Jacob until he is drawn into a "cult" and changes in terrible ways.
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (LitWits)
    Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare) by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)

English (963)  Spanish (7)  French (6)  German (6)  Dutch (6)  Finnish (3)  Danish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Italian (2)  Swedish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  All languages (1,002)
Soporífera. ( )
  ItsAkirex | May 6, 2021 |
hb
  5083mitzi | Mar 13, 2021 |
If my thoughts on the film were any warning, I should've known I wouldn't like this book nearly as much as the first book. I struggle to get through the film, so I'm genuinely not sure how I managed to read this entire book - it took awhile, but I eventually got there. This one moved slow, like ridiculously slow. I lost focus pretty often trying to get through this one.

For a while, I did sympathize with Bella, until Jake was brought into the picture. She basically used him to see and hear Edward again; I'm not entirely sure why this bothered me so much, but it did. I'm not a huge fan on Jacob, but when he first shows up in this book, he's actually tolerable and I felt bad for him.

There was a lot of focus on Jacob and Bella and Edward, so I would always momentarily forget that the storyline is supposed to be about Victoria. The love-triangle drama is a bit overwhelming at times, but it's easy to get sucked up into it.

Things started picking up when Alice shows up, so I got lost in the book for a while, but it didn't really make anything better. The ending was... something? Jacob and Edward truly do get on my nerves sometimes. So far, this is definitely my least favorite of the series. ( )
  angeljmartin | Mar 12, 2021 |
Trying to keep up with my daughter. ( )
  ColourfulThreads | Feb 18, 2021 |
I like it very much when edward return's.
  Gurasees | Feb 8, 2021 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

Hachette Book Group

5 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316160199, 0316024961, 0316075655, 0316053465, 0316075639

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,749,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible