New Moon (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie…

New Moon (The Twilight Saga) (original 2006; edition 2008)

by Stephenie Meyer (Author)

Series: Twilight Saga (2)

40,957101328 (3.66)2 / 682
When the Cullens, including her beloved Edward, leave Forks rather than risk revealing that they are vampires, it is almost too much for eighteen-year-old Bella to bear, but she finds solace in her friend Jacob until he is drawn into a "cult" and changes in terrible ways.
Member:emoki13
Title:New Moon (The Twilight Saga)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer (Author)
Info:Little, Brown (2008), Edition: 1st, 563 pages
Rating:*****

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (2006)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (LitWits)
    Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare) by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)

English (966)  Spanish (7)  French (6)  German (6)  Dutch (6)  Finnish (3)  Danish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Italian (2)  Swedish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  All languages (1,005)
Way too much drama ( )
  Ajmi | Sep 8, 2021 |
I LOVED THIS BOOK ONLY COZ ITS THE ONLY BOOK THAT HAS A LOT OF JELLA IN IT.

JELLA is Jacob and Bella's ship name btw.

I ship JELLA with my life, seriously. I don't like Edward, I think he is an extremely weird 'obsessed vampire stalker' (Midnight Sun) who likes to watch Bella in her sleep! Who thinks that that is not creepy? And when Edward decides to (rightfully) go to Italy and die a nice vampire death, Bella decides to jump off a cliff. Seriously Bella? You have Jacob! Who does end up saving her from the cliff, by the way. Bella does act very damsel-in-distressy at some times during the Series, but with Jacob she can actually act normal. Why don't Bella and Jacob go together? Why? If this Saga ended with New Moon, Jacob and Bella could be together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, forgetting about JELLA, the actual book itself is very good. The setting is imaginative and the language used is amazing! I would definitely recommend this book!!!
  SapphireMoonlight23 | Aug 5, 2021 |
Ok so I loved this book because it had so much Jacob in it. And I love Jacob. But Bella goes basically catatonic when Edward leaves. Really? I mean, if my husband who I've been with for 10 years and had a kid with left me, I'd be sad. I would cry and be depressed, and then eventually I would get over it. I would deal with from the moment he left because I have a daughter to care for. But even if I didn't, I would move on because that is what normal decently adjusted people do. Just saying. ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
Teen fiction; vampire romance. Instead of reading about Bella's whining, this audio book allows you to listen to her. The narrator (Ilyana Kadushin) actually does a decent job with giving her characters different voices, but you still get a bit tired of the whole Bella/Edward romance (unless you actually do buy into the whole Romeo/Juliet bit). ( )
  reader1009 | Jul 3, 2021 |
While I LOVE Jacob (he stole the show for me), Bella got waaaay more annoying (hello? double standards?). She just got so whiny...the whole "I'm worthless" thing is getting rather old. Her character in this second volume doesn't seem as bright as in the first. Also, perhaps it's just me, but her relationship with Edward doesn't seem nearly as fulfilling as the one with Jacob--I don't see how her bond with Edward is as strong as it is with Jacob. The plot still had its twists and turns--I was so convinced that when Alice showed up halfway through that it was actually Victoria, thinking maybe one of her extra talents was shape-shifting--and the trip to see the Volturri was pretty exciting (especially the tourist "trap" at the end). Meyer's text could stand to use some different imagery, but the story still hooks you. I'll be reading the next volume soon, I'm sure, but I'm not racing to the store to start it just yet. ( )
  LibroLindsay | Jun 18, 2021 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

I knew we were both in mortal danger. Still, in that instant, I felt well. Whole. I could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again. My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin. It was like there had never been any hole in my chest. I was perfect - not healed, but as if there had never been a wound in the first place.

I FELT LIKE I WAS TRAPPED IN ONE OF THOSE TERRIFYING NIGHTMARES, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.... But this was no dream, and, unlike the nightmare, I wasn't running for my life; I was racing to save something infinitely more precious. My own life meant little to me today.

FOR BELLA SWAN THERE IS ONE THING more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning....

Hachette Book Group

5 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316160199, 0316024961, 0316075655, 0316053465, 0316075639

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,431,642 books! | Top bar: Always visible