New Moon (The Twilight Saga) by Stephenie…

New Moon (The Twilight Saga) (original 2006; edition 2008)

by Stephenie Meyer (Author)

Series: Twilight Saga (2)

43,040102827 (3.65)2 / 685
When the Cullens, including her beloved Edward, leave Forks rather than risk revealing that they are vampires, it is almost too much for eighteen-year-old Bella to bear, but she finds solace in her friend Jacob until he is drawn into a "cult" and changes in terrible ways.
Member:emoki13
Title:New Moon (The Twilight Saga)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer (Author)
Info:Little, Brown (2008), Edition: 1st, 563 pages
Rating:*****

Work Information

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (2006)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (LitWits)
    Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare) by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)

English (978)  Spanish (8)  German (6)  French (6)  Dutch (6)  Finnish (3)  Danish (3)  Italian (3)  Portuguese (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Swedish (2)  All languages (1,019)
I know I'm in the minority here, but this is my favorite book in the series. ( )
  Jonez | Sep 23, 2022 |
When I was a teenager, New Moon was my favourite of the saga. I think it will likely be the case again. Edward leaves and Bella is depressed for months, neglecting all her hobbies and friends. With a push from her dad, she ends up starting a friendship with Jacob, who brings her out of the dark and back into the light. Their friendship grows close, and they fall in love, but she ultimately chooses Edward at the end, when the Cullens return after a confrontation in Italy. I very much enjoyed this book, particularly where she grows closer to Jacob. That depression you feel at the end of a first love was very raw and well depicted, and learning to love again was a theme with Jacob. I'm firmly Team Jacob, so I take a half star off for the returning with Edward part at the end. I think this book is enjoyable at any age, though still very "feminine" so not for everyone. ( )
  WaldensLibrary | Sep 18, 2022 |
Good Condition and found at Half Price bookstore in Alamo Heights, San Antonio, TX on 22Aug22.
  ClanMcLaughlin | Aug 22, 2022 |
Liked it better than the first book. However, don't think I'll continue with the series. Just not grabbing me the way I thought. Which is surprising considering that I do enjoy vampire stories. ( )
  lkubed | Aug 14, 2022 |
I liked this book much more than the first. I guess I'm a Jacob girl. ( )
  MBTC | Jul 9, 2022 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

I knew we were both in mortal danger. Still, in that instant, I felt well. Whole. I could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again. My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin. It was like there had never been any hole in my chest. I was perfect - not healed, but as if there had never been a wound in the first place.

I FELT LIKE I WAS TRAPPED IN ONE OF THOSE TERRIFYING NIGHTMARES, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.... But this was no dream, and, unlike the nightmare, I wasn't running for my life; I was racing to save something infinitely more precious. My own life meant little to me today.

FOR BELLA SWAN THERE IS ONE THING more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning....

Hachette Book Group

5 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316160199, 0316024961, 0316075655, 0316053465, 0316075639

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,767,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible