New Moon (Twilight) by Stephenie Meyer

New Moon (Twilight) (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Stephenie Meyer (Author)

Series: Twilight (2)

38,92997627 (3.68)2 / 675
When the Cullens, including her beloved Edward, leave Forks rather than risk revealing that they are vampires, it is almost too much for eighteen-year-old Bella to bear, but she finds solace in her friend Jacob until he is drawn into a "cult" and changes in terrible ways.
Member:Randi12Lyn
Title:New Moon (Twilight)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2006), Edition: First Edition, 608 pages

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (2006)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (alaskabookworm)
    alaskabookworm: In terms of both the writing and the depth of her story, Bray's series is top notch.
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Runa)
    The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Leishai: Ein etwas klassischer oder romantischer Vampir-Roman, vielleicht für die ältere Generation als die der Twilight-Fans geeignet.
    Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (goodiegoodie)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (Leishai)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (LitWits)
    Romeo and Juliet (No Fear Shakespeare) by SparkNotes Editors (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: The original star-crossed lovers, this is obviously where Stephenie Meyer found a lot of the theme for New Moon
    Shelter by Tara Shuler (avry15)
    avry15: this is also vampire romance book.. but in this one-it's another story , the girl here is the vampire and the so-called protector of the boy, though, the boy's true identity is later revealed... and instead having the rivalry of a wolf, a vampire-hunter takes its place..… (more)

English (939)  Spanish (7)  German (6)  Dutch (6)  French (6)  Finnish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Italian (2)  Swedish (2)  Danish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  All languages (977)
This one compared to Twilight wasn't as good... for a great while it was kind of emo-ish and depressing, though I did want to sit next to Bella and cry for her. I loved the parts between her and Jacob those were great as well. And then of course the parts with the vampires back in the pictures can have a book about vampires without the vampires lol. It was a good book but not my fav out of the series. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
One of my favorite pieces of Escape Fiction. I love the characters and the drama and re-reading this was a perfect way to pass a Sunday afternoon. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
This book is truly sad. If you've seen the movie, reviews for the book or movie, or even seen a trailer, you know Edward leaves. It's heartwrenching, because we all have felt the ache at being told "I don't want you anymore." I am not one for crying, but I did when we left. I could feel her pain. Nothing described it to me more then the 3 pages with nothing but months. She was entitled to her zombie state, who wouldn't be, losing someone like him?! My only issue is how the whole werewolf information was handled. In the 1st book, she was more detective like, and sought out the answers. In this one I felt she got more passive and let them come to her. Good emotional depth in all characters involved, and good introduction of the Volturi. Loved it. ( )
  clove311 | Jan 9, 2020 |
You all know Edward's lullaby.

Now get ready for...

Jacob's lullaby!

🎵 Close your eyes, shut your mouth, dream a dream to get us out,
Dream dream dream dream dream dream 🎵

Okay, but honestly, these books are way more fun if you're seeing Taylor Lautner in your mind. He's just all sorts of animals, isn't he? Wolf, shark, alpaca, and misogynist pig! (Yay!)

I'm pretty off topic, aren't I?

I really like the Volturi. More murder, please. Bella is annoying but still fairly relatable somehow. I'm still Team Mike Newton all the way #AllMericanBoi ( )
  Faith_Murri | Dec 9, 2019 |
When Twilight first became a huge phenomenon I asked a friend if they were any good and she replied no. I then asked her why she had read them all if they weren't any good...and now that I've started reading them I 100% understand. These books are objectively not good. The writing is simple, the characters are incredibly overdramatic and often unlikeable. And yet...I want to know what happens. I finished this and immediately checked the next one out of my library. I can't explain it but it is what it is. ( )
  Jthierer | Nov 13, 2019 |
Less streamlined than Twilight yet just as exciting, New Moon will more than feed the bloodthirsty hankerings of fans of the first volume and leave them breathless for the third.
added by timspalding | editSchool Library Journal, Hillias J. Martin (Jul 13, 2009)

This best-selling sequel to “Twilight” — which introduced Edward, the world’s most gentlemanly 17-year-old vampire, and Bella, an ordinary teenager in Forks, Wash. — appropriately begins with an epigraph from “Romeo and Juliet”; love and death are once again entwined in their curiously absorbing romance.

Despite Bella's flat and obsessive personality, this tale of tortured demon lovers entices.
added by ncgraham | editKirkus Reviews, Francesca Belham

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
These violent delights

have violent ends and in their triumph die,

like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI
For my dad, Stephen Morgan —

No one has ever been given more loving and unconditional support than I have been given by you.

I love you, too.
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.
Times passes. Even when it seems impossible.

I knew we were both in mortal danger. Still, in that instant, I felt well. Whole. I could feel my heart racing in my chest, the blood pulsing hot and fast through my veins again. My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin. It was like there had never been any hole in my chest. I was perfect - not healed, but as if there had never been a wound in the first place.

For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,511,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible