Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Critical Role Vox Machina: Origins Volume 1…

Critical Role Vox Machina: Origins Volume 1 (edition 2019)

by Critical Role (Author)

Series: Critical Role Vox Machina: Origins (collects 1-6)

"The band of adventurers known as Vox Machina will save the world. Eventually. But even they have to start somewhere.Six would-be heroes on seemingly different jobs find their paths intertwined as they investigate shady business in the swamp town of Stilben. They'll need to put their heads--and weapons--together to figure out what's going on... and keep from being killed in the process. Even then, whether or not they can overcome what truly lurks at the bottom of the town's travails remains to be seen!"--Provided by publisher.… (more)
Member:ValhallaStar
Title:Critical Role Vox Machina: Origins Volume 1
Authors:Critical Role (Author)
Info:Dark Horse Books (2019), 168 pages

Critical Role Vox Machina: Origins Volume 1 by Matthew Mercer

(dang, people are so cranky.)
I loved this. Fantastic art, everyone was so handsome, and lots of fun action panels. This is actually my first real introduction to these characters in their baby forms (I'm a Mighty Nein gal), and I loved their dynamics. ( )
  Chyvalrys | Aug 5, 2020 |
Even for a relatively new fan of Critical Role, this was a great, fun introduction to the campaign one characters! The artwork, as well as the extras, were beautiful and expressive, and the action scenes especially were really well-done! I often have trouble following those in comics, and the fights are so fun to listen/watch to in CR itself, I was curious how they'd translate.

A really enjoyable read, and definitely worth it if you're interested! ( )
  priorfictions | Jun 24, 2020 |
Matt Colville does an excellent job with the characters and dialogue: having seen the campaign and knowing its progress and results, it’s super fun to see these new old characters and the shadow of Vox Machina shaping them. I loved watching the burgeoning character dynamics in this arc, especially between Keyleth and Vex (that hug, aww). And although I love the new campaign and characters, it’s always great to return to Vox Machina. Really missed Pike and Percy, though. Hope to see them in the next arc.

Also, funny, how I thought that no one could topple Vax from the position of an all time fave, with him being a tragic disaster bi and all. But, same as with the campaign, Scanlan just saunters over and steals every scene. ( )
  tetiana.90 | Apr 29, 2020 |
My review of this graphic novel can be found on my Youtube Vlog at:

Enjoy! ( )
  booklover3258 | Feb 5, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,674,919 books! | Top bar: Always visible