Reforesting Faith: What Trees Teach Us About…

by Matthew Sleeth (Author)

213,745,663 (5)None
Member:alekee
Title:Reforesting Faith: What Trees Teach Us About the Nature of God and His Love for Us
Authors:Matthew Sleeth (Author)
Info:WaterBrook (2019), 224 pages
Rating:*****

Reforesting Faith: What Trees Teach Us About the Nature of God and His Love for Us by Matthew Sleeth

Recently added byalekee, mliederbach

No tags.

What an amazing little book, I chose to read it because I love trees, and have a times mourned their loss.
When I think of how Trees played a part in the bible, of courses, the first thought for me is the cross, but wow was my mind expanded and most I never thought of.
A beautiful example is: Romans 11 17-24

17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.
22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

This book is a short 2oo pages, but is packed with interesting facts, I recommend this for anyone who wants to grow in knowledge and strengthen their faith.

I received this book through the Publisher Waterbrook, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Apr 16, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,087,286 books! | Top bar: Always visible