Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Untamed Delights

by Suzanne Wright

Series: Phoenix Pack (8)

This is the first hook I've read by this author.
It's part of a series and although each couple have a book, previous characters and couples from previous books appear, so unlike myself, it is probably best to read the series in order.
At first I wasn't sure if I would like the Hero.
He is flirty and has cheesy pick up lines, but ONS are a way of life for him.
I know it fit the shifter lifestyle but a manwhore isn't something I am keen on, he says the women know what to expect but he does have ex issues.
The heroine is snarky and is in an usual situation of her fated mate is with someone else.
This is an usual situation of rejected mates. It is handled well. Her mate was with someone else already, bonded when she met him so it is examined and explained and I thought a brave step from the author as mated mates in the shifter genre is generally an absolute.
There is lots from secondary characters but as I hadn't read previous books, I still understood it as a standalone but I can appreciate it would have worked better in series order.
No intimate scenes with anyone other than the Hero and heroine though ex drama and previous dalliance referred to.
No cheating.
Shiter/human conflict.
HEA.
Epilogue several years later. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |

Rating: ★★★★☆ (4/5 Stars)
Title: Untamed Delights
Content Rating: R
POV: Third Person
Smexy Level: Hot
Favorite Quote(s):
― “Happiness isn’t always linked to whether or not you’re in a relationship.”
Overall Opinion:
Let's start off by saying how surprised I am by how much I liked this. This paranormal romance series was filled with kick-ass lead characters, steamy scenes and a decent plot that engaged my interest. Mila spitfire personality and Dominic hilarious pick up lines definitely showcase that the lead characters were thus far the best part about "Untamed Delights" and it's well worth the read.
  ayoshina | Oct 2, 2020 |
Great end to the series ( )
  hipney | Jun 3, 2020 |
I'm slightly devastated that UNTAMED DELIGHTS is the last book of the The Phoenix Pack series.

Each of the Phoenix pack books has had plenty of danger and action and UNTAMED DELIGHTS is no different. There are actually a few different mysteries and dangerous situations coming from different directions in the story which made it that much better.

The romance between Dominic and Mila was one of those slow build situations and I enjoyed their give and take with each other. I really enjoyed the way that Wright built their relationship around them not being each others fated mate after so many fated mate pairs. I also enjoyed that Mila didn't pine after her fated mate after he unknowingly rejected her. She really stood up for herself and it made me like her and her strength even more.

I really enjoyed witnessing Dominic's HEA. Both him and Mila really deserved each other and the life that they ended up in. Again, I hate that this is the end. I love all the characters and I love seeing them and how their life is going along in every book. I did really enjoy the end jump ahead though and appreciated seeing how everyone turned out. This was a great series that I thoroughly enjoyed following.

* This book was provided free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  STACYatUFI | Jul 17, 2019 |
**I received this book from NetGallery in exchange for a fair and honest review.
I enjoyed this book and was excited to finally see Dominic met his match. I Liked seeing his mate stand up and turn his cheesy pick up lines back on him. Their story followed the typical format of a nondescripts not forming until people were near death, but that was expected. I enjoyed how the characters stayed true to themselves, yet compromised to make their relationship work. I also loved the epilogue, so we could seesaw everyone's family turned out, even through it was bittersweet. ( )
  keeneam | Jun 20, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,516,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible