Mean Girl (American Studies Now: Critical…

Mean Girl (American Studies Now: Critical Histories of the Present)… (edition 2019)

by Lisa Duggan (Author)

36None530,610 (3.5)4
  "Astute."--New York Times  Ayn Rand's complicated notoriety as popular writer, leader of a political and philosophical cult, reviled intellectual, and ostentatious public figure endured beyond her death in 1982. In the twenty-first century, she has been resurrected as a serious reference point for mainstream figures, especially those on the political right from Paul Ryan to Donald Trump. Mean Girlfollows Rand's trail through the twentieth century from the Russian Revolution to the Cold War and traces her posthumous appeal and the influence of her novels via her cruel, surly, sexy heroes. Outlining the impact of Rand's philosophy of selfishness, Mean Girl illuminates the Randian shape of our neoliberal, contemporary culture of greed and the dilemmas we face in our political present.… (more)
Member:diamondbackguy
Title:Mean Girl (American Studies Now: Critical Histories of the Present) (Volume 8)
Authors:Lisa Duggan (Author)
Info:University of California Press (2019), Edition: First, 136 pages
Tags:bio

Mean Girl: Ayn Rand and the Culture of Greed (American Studies Now: Critical Histories of the Present) by Lisa Duggan

No reviews

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,895,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible