Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot

Pants on Fire (2007)

by Meg Cabot

Funny book, Meg Cabot at her best ( )
  skgregory | May 25, 2018 |
Read in High School
Age 13 (2006) – Age 22 (2015) ( )
  KiTiraShorter | Mar 5, 2018 |
I laughed, I cried, and I just really LOVED this book! I listened to the audiobook while driving today, and did not want to even stop to get gas since it meant turning it off for a bit. There were so many great parts about this book, and even though I guessed some things ahead of time, there was so much that I for sure did not see coming! This is the kind of book I strive to write when I put my fingers to the keys or pen to the page, and hope one day to make something even half as entertaining as this book was for me today! ( )
  DanaBurkey | Apr 10, 2016 |
Liar, liar.

Katie Ellison is not a liar.

It's just that telling the truth is so . . . tricky. She knows she shouldn't be making out with a drama club hottie behind her football- player boyfriend's back. She should probably admit that she can't stand eating quahogs (clams), especially since she's running for Quahog Princess in her hometown's annual Quahog Festival. And it would be a relief to finally tell someone what really happened the night Tommy Sullivan is a freak was spray-painted on the new wall outside the junior high school gymnasium-in neon orange, which still hasn't been sandblasted off. After all, everyone knows that's what drove Tommy out of town four years ago.

But now Tommy Sullivan has come back. Katie is sure he's out for revenge, and she'll do anything to hang on to her perfect (if slightly dishonest) existence. Even if it means telling more lies than ever. Even if, now that Tommy's around, she's actually-no lie- having the time of her life.
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Liar, liar.

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

Meg Cabotprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sutton, KristaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Benjamin
"Oh my God, what's she doing here?" my best friend Sidney van der Hoff, was asking, as I came up to the corner booth to hand out menus.
Tommy Sullivan really was a freak.
But like, in the best possible way a guy could be.
I hate football. And I hate the way this town is about football. I hate the way we worship the Quahogs, and for what? They don't save lives. They don't teach us anything. They just chase after a stupid ball. And for that, we treat them like gods.

Katie Ellison is not a liar.

It's just that telling the truth is so . . . tricky. She knows she shouldn't be making out with a drama club hottie behind her football-player boyfriend's back. She should probably admit that she can't stand eating quahogs (clams), especially since she's running for Quahog Princess in her hometown's annual Quahog Festival. And it would be a relief to finally tell someone what really happened the night Tommy Sullivan is a freak was spray-painted on the new wall outside the junior high school gymnasium—in neon orange, which still hasn't been sandblasted off. After all, everyone knows that's what drove Tommy out of town four years ago.

But now Tommy Sullivan has come back. Katie is sure he's out for revenge, and she'll do anything to hang on to her perfect (if slightly dishonest) existence. Even if it means telling more lies than ever. Even if, now that Tommy's around, she's actually—no lie—having the time of her life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:51 -0400)

Having become a proficient liar in order to keep everyone happy, rising high school senior Katie Ellison is stunned when her old middle school friend and local pariah Tommy Sullivan returns to town, and suddenly things start looking a lot different to her.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,462,870 books! | Top bar: Always visible