The Sewing Sisters' Society (A Second Chance Romance Collection Book…

by Ruth Logan Herne

Series: Sewing Sisters Society (Box Set 1-3)

224,434,135 (3.75)None
Recently added byhes7, Suzie27

No tags

I do love a good matchmaking story—and The Sewing Sisters’ Society delivers three! This historical novella collection is quick and light, full of heartwarming romance, and I enjoyed it.

Each story centers on a woman headed west for a second chance, though their circumstances do differ. (What a coincidence that they should arrive in Second Chance, South Dakota!) As they confront their circumstances and the possibility of different, more hopeful futures, drama, romance, faith, and humor blend, along with a cast of likable characters, to create stories that entertain and delight.

For the reader of historical romance, especially in novella form, be sure to check out The Sewing Sisters’ Society.

I received a complimentary copy of this book and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own. ( )
  hes7 | Apr 24, 2019 |
In this novella collection from Ruth Logan Herne, three women come to Second Chance, South Dakota looking for…well, a second chance. With the support of Hattie McGillicuddy, the matronly owner of the small town’s sewing shop, these women learn to let go of their pasts, reach for their futures, and find love.

These books are Herne’s first historicals and just as excellent and engaging as her contemporaries. If you love children in your books, you can’t go wrong with anything written by Herne. I loved how this collection is set in a time when women were making a stand for their rights, on the cusp of the women’s vote (and consequently, right as South Dakota becomes a state).

Each novella in this collection stands alone so if you want or need to set it aside after finishing one, you won’t be lost when you come back to it (but chances are you’re going to want to keep reading). This collection is also an excellent introduction to the people of Second Chance (and even characters for the future stories, including the full-length A Most Inconvenient Love).

Encouraging, delightful, and filled with hope and healing, The Sewing Sisters’ Society is another winner from Herne.
Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including NetGalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. ( )
  Suzie27 | Apr 14, 2019 |

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,439,873 books! | Top bar: Always visible