A SEAL to Slay Dragons - With Him There Will…

by Alexandra Isobel (Author)

432,544,296 (3)None
Member:jenny_acc
Title:A SEAL to Slay Dragons - With Him There Will Be Orgasms: (a bwwm Navy SEAL romance) SEALs and Sorority Girls
Authors:Alexandra Isobel (Author)
Info:(2018), 89 pages
Rating:***

A SEAL to Slay Dragons - With Him There Will Be Orgasms: (a bwwm Navy SEAL romance) SEALs and Sorority Girls by Alexandra Isobel

This story is short. About 80 pages , and i wish it had been longer. I felt like there was a lot of plot missing, especially in the beginning, and the romance part (just like a lot of this type of stories) moved too quickly. But, i did like both the story and the characters . ( )
  jenny_acc | Dec 16, 2019 |
I felt like I was dropped into the middle of the story. Maddox and Evie already knew each other and had a drunken (Evie) moment together where they almost hooked up. We are starting after that, where Evie is avoiding Maddox out of embarrassment and he is working up the nerve to go after her. She also had several bad past encounters with men and when they came back into her life, I felt like we were missing details. I did think Evie and Maddox were cute together and the romance scenes were great. The story is very short, I think if it were longer we could have gotten some of those missing details and it would have flowed better. Still cute and hot, a quick read. ( )
  AlyP59 | Jun 16, 2019 |
*I received a copy of this book as part of the Members Giveaway program in exchange for an unbiased review. Brief plot spoilers may follow.*

First things first, Maddox sounds like a walking bowl of sex. LOL I think I'd wager that I liked him more than Evie, even though I relate to her more. He had this quiet sense of masculinity about him, not the overbearing alpha male we see in a lot of these stories. When done incorrectly, that can be kind of off-putting and I didn't get that vibe from Maddox at all. I also liked that this was an interracial romance where the interracial fact was a normality, not something that needed to be overcome by the main characters. It was almost a blink and miss it addition to the book, actually, because even though I knew Evie was black from the title, there wasn't a ton of attention paid to it except in minor details. There was no stereotyping, fetishizing or exoticism in the book, on either side, and I really appreciated that. On a smaller note, there were a few phrases in there that I loved, my favorite of them probably being "doing the horizontal bop." LOL

I think my biggest issue with the book was that I didn't see the need for the drama between Maddox and Evie about halfway through as it seemed a bit contrived. The positive from it is that it exposed a completely different drama in the process, which had been slightly alluded to before, but I also wish that had been more explored or a larger part of the book. The reveal itself boiled down to one single conversation, and I thought for something so important in Evie's backstory, there would be more mention made of it prior to the reveal or more effort to include it afterward. Rather than some drama between her and Maddox in which he wasn't even at fault, the issue could have been her *spoiler alert* issues in the bedroom as a result of the trauma she'd experienced in her youth and Maddox's efforts to get her to relax and open up (pun unintended but relevant LOL). Her ex-boyfriend had more time to cause trouble than this person who caused her this much pain, and any time wasted on Gus is time we didn't get to continue reading about Maddox, which is always going to be a complaint for me. lol Hell, Gus seemed a more likely culprit for spreading sensitive information about Evie than Maddox, so Evie immediately pinning fault on him instead of Gus seemed out of the blue for me.

Overall, I liked this book a lot. The main characters had something individual about them that I either liked or could relate to, there was some growth to be had on one of their sides that was overcome in the end, a HEA for our hero and heroine, and normalization to a genre of novel that is often fetishized in some way. It was an easy read, with some pretty hot scenes tangled between the dialogue, and I think there is more to be explored with some of the other characters. I'd love a second book that went into what actually happened in the Washington home while Evie was growing up and what ever became of Colin; that's a goldmine of a plot imo. Thank you to the author for allowing me to read and review this book! ( )
  mandygirl.10 | Jun 13, 2019 |
Trust me, I've done this before.

The SEAL and the Sorority Girl

"I've never had an orgasm, Jason. It's my big secret. Well, that and I like to grind. So far, no man I've been with knows what to do with me."

EVIE PENNYWORTH has trust issues, so ends up choosing all the wrong men to save herself disappointment when the relationship inevitably goes South.

Except when it comes to JASON MADDOX, the hot SEAL that’s always there to save her ass and protect her from her own bullshit.

With Maddox, there will be orgasms if she can just let go and trust him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,389,868 books! | Top bar: Always visible