This is Not How it Ends by Rochelle B.…

This is Not How it Ends (edition 2020)

by Rochelle B. Weinstein (Author)

"When Charlotte and Philip meet, the pair form a deep and instant connection. Soon they're settled in the Florida Keys with plans to marry. But just as they should be getting closer, Charlotte feels Philip slipping away. Second-guessing their love is something Charlotte never imagined, but with Philip's excessive absences, she finds herself yearning for more. When she meets Ben, she ignores the pull, but the supportive single dad is there for her in ways she never knew she desired. Soon Charlotte finds herself torn between the love she thought she wanted and the one she knows she needs. As a hurricane passes through Islamorada, stunning revelations challenge Charlotte's loyalties and upend her life. Forced to reexamine the choices she's made, and has yet to make, Charlotte embarks on an emotional journey of friendship, love, and sacrifice--knowing that forgiveness is a gift, and the best-laid plans can change in a heartbeat. This Is Not How It Ends is a tender, moving story of heartbreak and healing that asks the question: Which takes more courage--holding on or letting go?"--Provided by publisher.… (more)
Member:teachlz
Title:This is Not How it Ends
Authors:Rochelle B. Weinstein (Author)
Info:Lake Union Publishing (2020), 351 pages
Rating:*****

This Is Not How It Ends by Rochelle B. Weinstein

Thank you to Cindy Roesel (Blue Point Press) and the author for this book.

I tried to read this book 3 times and couldn't get past page 25. It was very slow moving and I knew what was going to happen when I first started it. ( )
  sweetbabyjane58 | Jan 7, 2021 |
This is a beautiful story of love and friendship. Charlotte and Phillip meet on a plane headed towards KC. Charlotte (Charlie) teaches school and Phillip travels the world fixing corporations. Eventually, Phillip asks Charlie to move to the Florida Keys with him. There she meets Phillips' best friend, Ben. With Phillip's increasing absences for work, Charlie and Ben form a friendship. This causes Charlie great distress.
This is a very moving story. The only negative thing I have to say is "why throw in a gay person" I just get so tired of their agenda being thrown into everything. ( )
  travelgal | Oct 25, 2020 |
4.5 Stars

How far would you go to take care of the ones you love? What would you do, or give up? This is a beautifully written, heartfelt, emotional story of love, loss, family and friendship. The characters come to life and their story becomes yours. Keep tissues handy.

We are all a product of our upbringing, and Charlotte/Charley is no different. She meets Phillip meet by chance encounter on a plane. Their attraction is immediate and intense. Thus starts their love affair. Charley moves to Key West and everything seems perfect, until something feels wrong. Then, their world is turned upside down. Going more into the story will spoil it. If you are looking for an emotional love story, this is it.

Thanks to NetGalley and Lake Union Publishing for this ARC. Opinion is mine alone. ( )
  LoriKBoyd | Mar 24, 2020 |
This is a love story - not a romance with hearts and flowers and a happily ever after storybook ending - but a true to life love story with all of its joys and problems. It's an emotional story and we see all of Charlotte's love, hope, guilt, sorrow and get totally immersed in her life. I laughed with her and cried with her and she is not a character that I'll soon forget.

Charlotte met Philip on an airplane. There is an immediate connection between them and love soon follows. They move to Key West together and due to Philip's wealth, they have all that money can buy but there is a problem - Philip is gone most of the time working all over the world. As they get engaged, Charley wonders if this is the life that she really wants or does she want someone who is there when she needs him. Then she meets Ben who is Philip's best friend and there is an immediate spark between them. He is a solid strong working man who isn't traveling all over the world and he seems to really understand her and her needs. She knows that she needs to make a choice between the two men and the life they can each offer her but a hurricane and the aftermath force her to make a decision. But is it the right decision?

This is a love story looked at from every angle - the excitement of first love, the forgiveness, the needs of the characters. The three main characters are so well written that they feel like friends. This is a definite must read book - but WARNING - keep Kleenex close at hand. ( )
  susan0316 | Jan 12, 2020 |
WOW! Kudos to Rochelle B. Weinstein, Author of "This Is Not How it Ends" for writing such an emotional, intense, witty, intriguing, and thought-provoking story. I love the author's vivid descriptions of the characters and the beautiful landscape. A key theme is forgiving and second chances. The story takes place in the present and goes to the past when it pertains to the characters or events. The Genres for this novel are Fiction, Women's Fiction, and Romance. The author describes her colorful and dramatic cast of characters as complex, and complicated. The author also describes loyalty, betrayal, and love.

I was so emotionally invested in this story. I was hopeful, I chuckled, I cried. The characters and their story pulled and tugged at my heartstrings. I appreciate that the author discusses topics such as Cancer and the effects on family and loved ones. The author mentions other important topics such as infidelity and homosexuality. The author also discusses the importance of family, friends, forgiveness, communication and love and hope.

Charlotte is a teacher and actually bumps into Philip on an airplane. Soon the two move to the Florida Keys. Philip is there for Charlotte when there is a tragedy in her family. Philip travels for business, and also gets a "puppy" to take care of her. It seems that Charlotte feels that Philip is keeping secrets, or keeping her at a distance. Charlotte trusts Philip but starts to feel that she needs more. Philip even has his best friend who is a chef look after Charlotte when he is away.

When a hurricane hits the area, Charlotte finds herself in an impossible situation and has to make choices. Little does she know what lies ahead. I loved everything about this novel and would highly recommend it. ( )
  teachlz | Oct 27, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,586,731 books! | Top bar: Always visible