This is Not How it Ends by Rochelle B.…

This is Not How it Ends (edition 2020)

by Rochelle B. Weinstein (Author)

522,501,421 (4.5)None
Member:teachlz
Title:This is Not How it Ends
Authors:Rochelle B. Weinstein (Author)
Info:Lake Union Publishing (2020), 351 pages
Rating:*****

This is Not How it Ends by Rochelle B. Weinstein

WOW! Kudos to Rochelle B. Weinstein, Author of "This Is Not How it Ends" for writing such an emotional, intense, witty, intriguing, and thought-provoking story. I love the author's vivid descriptions of the characters and the beautiful landscape. A key theme is forgiving and second chances. The story takes place in the present and goes to the past when it pertains to the characters or events. The Genres for this novel are Fiction, Women's Fiction, and Romance. The author describes her colorful and dramatic cast of characters as complex, and complicated. The author also describes loyalty, betrayal, and love.

I was so emotionally invested in this story. I was hopeful, I chuckled, I cried. The characters and their story pulled and tugged at my heartstrings. I appreciate that the author discusses topics such as Cancer and the effects on family and loved ones. The author mentions other important topics such as infidelity and homosexuality. The author also discusses the importance of family, friends, forgiveness, communication and love and hope.

Charlotte is a teacher and actually bumps into Philip on an airplane. Soon the two move to the Florida Keys. Philip is there for Charlotte when there is a tragedy in her family. Philip travels for business, and also gets a "puppy" to take care of her. It seems that Charlotte feels that Philip is keeping secrets, or keeping her at a distance. Charlotte trusts Philip but starts to feel that she needs more. Philip even has his best friend who is a chef look after Charlotte when he is away.

When a hurricane hits the area, Charlotte finds herself in an impossible situation and has to make choices. Little does she know what lies ahead. I loved everything about this novel and would highly recommend it. ( )
  teachlz | Oct 27, 2019 |
This Is Not How It Ends

A beautiful and emotional story of friendship, love, loss and forgiveness.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

SUMMARY
Charlotte and Phillip are accidental seatmates on a flight from Miami to Kansas City. By the end of the flight sparks are flying. Together they moved to the Florida Keys with plans to marry. But just as they should be planning their wedding Charlotte feels as if Phillip is slipping away. Philip’s constant traveling and excessive absences has her wondering if this is really what she wants in a relationship. When Charlotte meets Ben, Phillip’s, best friend a close friendship naturally develops. She tries to ignore the pull between the two of them but a hurricane drives them together and challenges both of their their loyalties.

REVIEW
THIS IS NOT HOW IT ENDS is a beautiful and emotional story of friendship, love, loss and forgiveness. It’s women fiction with great and highly relatable characters. You’ll fall in love with them all...Charlotte, Phillip, Ben, Billy and even Sunny. The storylines are creatively intertwined

Author ROCHELLE WEINSTEIN’s writing is brilliantly plotted and full of emotional storms. It’s a gem of a novel you don’t want to miss. The very beginning of the story grabs you with this lyrical statement from Charlotte...“I’ve heard it said that life is about choices. Paths stretch out ahead of us—sometimes we make conscious decisions and other times, fate intervenes and choose for us.” I loved this statement when I read it in Chapter 1. And then I fell in love with it again at the end of the book. It’s is the epitome of the book. T.I.N.H.I.E.

Thanks to Netgalley for an advance reading copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Publisher Lake Union
Published January 1, 2020
Review www.bluestockingreviews.com ( )
  LisaSHarvey | Oct 13, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,140,814 books! | Top bar: Always visible