David Bowie (Little People, BIG DREAMS, 30)

by Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara

Series: Little People, BIG DREAMS (30)

This board book version of David Bowie - from the critically acclaimed Little People, Big Dreams series - introduces the youngest dreamers to the incredible life of this starman who dazzled audiences with his music.

English (7)  Dutch (1)  All languages (8)
How little David became Ziggy Stardust and made music that was out of this world. ( )
  JennyArch | Mar 29, 2020 |
This entry into the charming Little People, BIG DREAMS series takes a look the life of singer David Bowie. From a young age, Bowie was interested in music. His mind overflowed with creative ideas and connections. He learned to play the saxophone, and spent time with several bands. After that, Bowie went solo, using his creativity to become one of music's greatest artists. He also charmed (or frightened) an entire generating of kids as King Jareth in the classic fantasy flick Labyrinth. The end of the book contains a more detailed look at Bowie's life, using language suited for much older readers. Inspirational and educational both, this entire series is great! I read this with my cubs. We love this series! Highly recommended!

***Many thanks to the Netgalley & Quarto Publishing for providing an egalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. ( )
  PardaMustang | Mar 13, 2020 |
This book introduced me to David Bowie. This series may be targeted for children, but it can also please a grown-up reader and make them get intrigued about the titular person. I loved how the book highlights that it is okay to be different. That is a very valuable message for children (and adults). The only thing I felt missing in this book was some footnote on what songs were being referenced.

Note - I received a free digital copy of the book from the publisher. This has not influenced my review in any way. ( )
  anushanarasimhan | Feb 5, 2020 |
A picture book biography with adorable and colorful art appropriate for ages 5 to 8. It incorporates a simple version of David Bowie's life with a loving message that individuality should be embraced. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Jan 5, 2020 |

Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegaraprimary authorall editionscalculated
Albero, AnaIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,772,312 books! | Top bar: Always visible