A Highlander Walks into a Bar: A Highland,…

A Highlander Walks into a Bar: A Highland, Georgia Novel (edition 2019)

by Laura Trentham (Author)

Member:ccheripka
Title:A Highlander Walks into a Bar: A Highland, Georgia Novel
Authors:Laura Trentham (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2019), 320 pages

A Highlander Walks into a Bar: A Highland, Georgia Novel by Laura Trentham

A cute romance with a Scottish twist... ( )
  ccheripka | Jul 11, 2019 |
It has been a while since I have read a book from Laura Trentham, I became a fan with her historicals so it did not take much to request this one and I did enjoy it. We meet Isabel who is shocked that her mom arrives home from her trip with a highlander. Isobel was not only a little hurt since it meant that her mom has moved on from her fathers death but wondered if this highlander (Gareth) wanted their land. A day later another highlander shows up (Alasdair) and it makes her more wary, who is this guy?. On top of all that, she has the highland games to prepare for, is worried about a loan and has to host these two. Her mom annoyed at the beginning, she just seemed to use Isabel thankfully she stepped in at the end. I liked the banter and the spark between Alasdair and Isabel and the people in the town. I felt bad for Holt and hope he gets a happy ending he deserved it, and can't for Anna's story..

Rcvd and ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) Voluntarily reviewed with my own thoughts and opinions ( )
  Pelusa41 | Jul 1, 2019 |
Isabel Buchanan's mother Rose comes home from a vacation in Scotland with an interesting souvenir. She's brought back Gareth Connors. Isabel isn't sure what to think about her mother's actions. Yes, she wants her widowed mother to be happy but her new relationship seems quick and poorly timed. Isabel and Rose are supposed to be deep into plans for the annual Scottish festival in their hometown of Highland, Georgia. Rose is quite distracted by her new flame.

Meanwhile, Alasdair Blackmoor is on the trail of his missing uncle. When he tracks Gareth down it is to find that he has neglected to mention that he is an Earl and, in fact, the owner of the estate that Rose enjoyed touring. Alasdair has had a strained relationship with his uncle since his father died in a car accident and his mother swept him off to London. Even so, he isn't about to let his uncle fall prey to a potential gold digger.

Isabel and Alasdair both want to protect their relatives but end up falling for each other. Izzy doesn't think the relationship has a future though with her future in Georgia and his in London. What she doesn't know is that he really hates his job especially when his boss tries to get him to manipulate Rose and Izzy and get hold of their property.

I liked tall, dark, and handsome Alasdair and really liked clumsy, protective and chatty Izzy. This was a fun romance with great characters. ( )
  kmartin802 | Jun 20, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,407,246 books! | Top bar: Always visible