Knots in My Yo-Yo String by Jerry Spinelli

Knots in My Yo-Yo String (edition 1998)

by Jerry Spinelli (Author)

This Italian-American Newbery Medalist presents a humorous account of his childhood and youth in Norristown, Pennsylvania.
Member:Teachergrade5
Title:Knots in My Yo-Yo String
Authors:Jerry Spinelli (Author)
Info:Ember (1998), Edition: 6th Printing, 160 pages

Work Information

Knots in My Yo-Yo String by Jerry Spinelli

Bio
  carla.douglas | Nov 1, 2022 |
Interesting to compare how Spinelli grew up compared to our kids. Not that I don't realize how much less freedom our kids have, but his day long wandering and activities really put it into relief. ( )
  emrsalgado | Jul 23, 2021 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Memories are precious things. I can’t image how bleak the world would be if we suddenly lost the ability to return to happy, simpler times that we all have. This little book allows most of us…at least those of us over thirty… to take a trip back in 148 pages of pure bliss. The author is just a few years older than I am… but we share a lot of those same memories. For me it was a time when summer never seemed to end…Saturdays were taken up with Roy Rogers and Hopalong Cassidy reruns, Leave It to Beaver and Sky King…all in black & white pre-techno glory…everyone I knew lived in a house with only one bathroom and one telephone, which was plugged into the wall somewhere…one TV that maybe got 3 channels clearly if you were lucky…and only one car…not per person but for the entire family. However did we survive? I revisited those memories with every chapter. Chapters, by the way that are short….some really short. It’s just a book about growing up and the fun and disappointments, and mistakes, of being a kid. Teachers will find it perfect for their classes from 3rd grade up…and teachers beware: if you can relate to any of it…you can count yourself a part of history not to mention that your class will know just how old you really are :) ( )
  Carol420 | Jun 2, 2020 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,474,662 books! | Top bar: Always visible