Diana : princess of the Amazons by Shannon…

Diana : princess of the Amazons (original 2020; edition 2020)

by Shannon Hale

Eleven-year-old Diana, the gangly, sometimes clumsy, only child on the island of Themyscira, struggles to live up to the high Amazonian standards and longs for someone her own age whom she can talk to.
Member:TeriTCarrillo
Title:Diana : princess of the Amazons
Authors:Shannon Hale
Info:Burbank, CA : DC Comics, [2020]

Work Information

Diana: Princess of the Amazons by Shannon Hale (Author) (2020)

Cute! A little surface-level, I feel like the themes could've been pushed more without making it inappropiate ( )
  boopingaround | Mar 6, 2024 |
If you've read Hale(s) before, you know this will have humor, warmth and a dose of hard love thrown in. This Diana isn't Wonder Woman yet, she's a young girl on an island of adults who wants to sometimes not be an adult. She wants to goof off and skip school and play tricks.

She wants to be a kid.

A fun, light romp wherein our one day Warrior learns a few things about letting others influence your actions as well as taking responsibility when those actions bring chaos. ( )
  lexilewords | Dec 28, 2023 |
This was another book I picked up for my graduate school class. I did have more hopes for it as I LOVE Wonder Woman (though not as much as my brother who named his dog Gal Gadot). And it is intriguing to learn more origin stories.

For younger readers, this is the perfect book. It tackles listening to your conscience. It is short and sweet and the pictures are my favorite part. But I felt like it had some plot holes--or writing that was less than stellar (which I have a hard time saying since Shannon Hale is great!) ( )
  msgabbythelibrarian | Jun 11, 2023 |
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
  fernandie | Sep 15, 2022 |
Diana is only kid on amazon island. Makes a friend out of clay and sand who gets her into big trouble. It's a cute read for a short book, with a solid message.
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |

Hale, ShannonAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hale, DeanAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Ying, VictoriaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For the kids who look up to Auntie Gal and the former kids who spun alongside Auntie Lynda. - Shannon and Dean Hale
For Lily. - Victoria Ying
As far as hometowns go, you can't beat Themyscira.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,296,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible