The tea dragon festival by (Cartoonist)…

The tea dragon festival (edition 2019)

by (Cartoonist) Katie O'Neill

"A lovely, gentle fantasy." -- KIRKUS Revisit the enchanting world of Tea Dragons with an all-new companion story to the two-time Eisner Award-winning graphic novel The Tea Dragon Society! Rinn has grown up with the Tea Dragons that inhabit their village, but stumbling across a real dragon turns out to be a different matter entirely! Aedhan is a young dragon who was appointed to protect the village but fell asleep in the forest eighty years ago. With the aid of Rinn's adventuring uncle Erik and his partner Hesekiel, they investigate the mystery of his enchanted sleep, but Rinn's real challenge is to help Aedhan come to terms with feeling that he cannot get back the time he has lost. Critically-acclaimed graphic novelist Katie O'Neill delivers another charming, gentle fantasy story about finding your purpose, and the community that helps you along the way. "Gentle, inclusive, and heartwarming, The Tea Dragon Festival will bewitch existing fans and new readers alike." - Jen Wang (The Prince and the Dressmaker)… (more)
Member:stmagda
Title:The tea dragon festival
Authors:(Cartoonist) Katie O'Neill
Info:Portland, OR : Oni Press, 2019.

Work Information

The Tea Dragon Festival by Kay O'Neill

Note: I accessed digital review copies of this book through NetGalley and Edelweiss.
  fernandie | Sep 15, 2022 |
I requested an ARC of this book as soon as I heard about it existing in the world, and read it the first chance that I got. It didn't disappoint. The story was charming and engaging, the art is stunning and adorable, there's great disability and gender and race representation. It's a beautiful sequel to one of my favourite books in the world, and I'm thrilled to see this story continue. I will be writing a full review on my blog at a later time.

Mentioned in a blog post at https://booksbeyondbinaries.blog/2019/12/23/2019-in-review/
Mentioned in a blog post and resource list at https://booksbeyondbinaries.blog/2019/11/25/trans-affirming-picture-books-2019/ ( )
  emmy_of_spines | Sep 8, 2022 |
I have read most of the first story online so when this turned up at work I leapt on it. This is a story of Rinn finding a dragon while foraging and the dragon discovers that they have been asleep for quite a while.
It's sweet and wholesome and fun It felt like a warm hug. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jul 3, 2022 |
Cute.
Chonologically comes before Tea Dragon Society. ( )
  QuirkyCat_13 | Jun 20, 2022 |
Adorable book, inclusive to a group often not found in mainstream books, the Deaf! ASL is indicated to be used and some of the signs shown (not in completion due to format) appear to be accurate based on my own limited understanding of ASL (I've taken classes). The characters are well done and I enjoyed this little tea dragon journey immensely. ( )
  potds1011 | May 28, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

At the nearest station, trains come once a week.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 179,850,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible