Devoted to Love

by Shayla Black

Series: Devoted Lovers (2)

1611,080,386 (4)None
He was sent to guard her body... but he's determined to steal it and her heart for his own. An all-new sizzling contemporary romance about an alpha bodyguard protecting his small-town Texas siren from lethal danger from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shayla Black.

Devoted To Love is the second book in this new series of Shayla Black’s and boy I actually haven’t read this author on her own. I, of course, have read other books where she has co-authored novels, however, this is the first time I took a chance and picked her up on her own and I was very IMPRESSED. This isn’t a perfect book by any means but instant love connections don’t really work for me that well to be honest. Sometimes they do, but in the contemporary setting’s it’s not always my favorite.

In Devoted To Love Josiah has come for a wedding and meets Maggie who he has insta lust for and they pretty much have the best sex and really click physically. At first it’s clear that its just casual sex, no strings attached. But when there is a danger to Maggie and her family, Josiah stays behind to look into the matter and before he knows it he is caught in and windstorm of danger and he knows that there is more going on than meets the eye with a crazy cult fanatics who are trying to buy the land from Maggie’s family. There is also the matter of falling in love with a woman who may never be able to love him back….

Devoted To Love was simply a fun and thrilling read and I had so much fun with this one. I first want to start off with the issues that I had with the story. The first is the fling set up, to be honest, this is what really prevented me from really feeling the emotion and connection between them. There was too much rush from just casual sex to love you like crazy. I know it happens, but it didn’t seem as realistic as I was hoping for. Now the second issue I had….the heroine. Now I try to be as accepting as I possibly can be however, there was something about her past that really rubbed me the wrong way and I just couldn’t let it go and it might have altered how I looked at this book.

Now for what I truly adored about this book here? Well here is the low down, we have the plot of the story which is as intense as you can get. We have a crazy religious cult and boy this really added into the intensity of the story. I really liked how it developed though and seeing the danger escalate throughout the story. What impressed me most was seeing how the relationship and the suspense plot didn’t detract from one another. I was fully invested in both and the author here really found a great balance. The characters that come into play are a unique match. They are both strong-willed and there is some control bedroom play here. I wouldn’t call it full BDSM or anything like that, but our hero is a natural DOM, so he does like to control things in the bedroom. So I always love that in my stories and Shayla Black surely knows how to write a steamy sex scene, it can get pretty intense and dramatic but I was all for it.

Overall I found Devoted To Love to be a sesnation, highly provacative, intense filled story that will keep you on your toes from beginning to end! ( )
  addictofromance | Aug 8, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,387,017 books! | Top bar: Always visible