The Words between Us by Erin Bartels

The Words between Us

by Erin Bartels

312,948,146 (5)None

I hardly know where to start with this review. The book is so beautifully written that I can't really convey my feelings about it except to tell you that this is a MUST READ! I finished reading this book over a week ago and I am still thinking about it - to the point that I haven't been able to start another book. It's been a long time since I've had that kind of book hangover.

Robin is a teenager at the beginning of this book who is sent to live with her grandmother due to a scandal that happened in her family. She changes her identity and tries to become a new person so people won't judge her by her parents. But even though she wants to present a new person to the world, her thoughts and her inner peace are still tied to her old life. She meets Peter at the cemetery before school starts and he interests her until she finds out that he is the football hero, prom king jock in the senior class at the high school. Their friendship thrives though the books that they begin to share.

I absolutely loved the world that Erin Bartels created in this novel. There are wonderful book references and her love of books is apparent throughout. Most of all, I loved the characters and the emotions that this novel and these characters gave me throughout the book.

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of this book to read and review. All opinions are my own. ( )
  susan0316 | Jun 21, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Erin Bartels's book The Words Between Us is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,388,882 books! | Top bar: Always visible