Midnighters #3: Blue Noon by Scott…

Midnighters #3: Blue Noon (original 2005; edition 2007)

by Scott Westerfeld

Member:Jenclone
Title:Midnighters #3: Blue Noon
Authors:Scott Westerfeld
Info:HarperTeen (2007), Paperback, 384 pages

Blue Noon by Scott Westerfeld (2005)

This was the best book of the series. Mystery and suspense ruled the story until the very last page. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Wonderful ending! Very interesting twist that I didn't see coming. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
Wonderful ending! Very interesting twist that I didn't see coming. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
Blue Noon delves into the history and reasoning behind the Midnighters and the secret hour; raising obvious peril in the process. I felt the book helped me understand each of the individual characters powers, personalities and their struggles with each other; which may not have been apparent in the previous books.

I've read previous reviews on this book/series that state that the ending was not as expected - which it wasn't - but I found it did bring some closure onto the whole series, even if it wasn't the typical happy ending.

Although there were some heart breaking moments I did enjoy the ending of this book and series. I did feel it could have been explained more in certain areas - such as why Jessica ended up trapped forever (a full explanation wasn't really given; I felt the readers were just left wondering) but overall it was a worth while read. ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 9, 2013 |
To John and Jan, and Niki, for making me part of the family.
Bixby High's late bell shrieked in the distance, like something wounded and ready to be cut from the herd.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060519592, Paperback)

The five teenage Midnighters of Bixby, Oklahoma, thought they understood the secret midnight hour—until one morning when time freezes in the middle of the day.

The noise of school stops. Cheerleaders are frozen in midair. Everything is the haunted blue color of the midnight hour.

As the Midnighters scramble for answers, they discover that the walls between the secret hour and real time are crumbling. Soon the dark creatures will break through to feed at last . . . unless these five teenagers can find a way to stop them.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:26 -0400)

The five midnighters from Bixby discover that the secret hour is starting to invade the daylight world, and if they cannot stop it, the darklings will soon be free to hunt again.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,038,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible