Our Baby Was Born Premature: (the same way he was conceived)

by Paul Alexander

1914872,808 (2.84)None
In this uniquely conceived memoir, author and comedian Paul Alexander offers up fresh insights into the perils and joys of parenthood, ranging from amusing to hilarious to keenly observant to chaotically insightful.

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A diary of sorts from a Dad about his first born son from pregnancy until year 5.

These are short entries about parenting from Dad's pov. It's quite a funny look at the early years with some very real and relatable situations. For me I would have liked longer entries and more on the premature birth given the title but a fun light read. ( )
  Kezzlou85 | Feb 1, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was awfully short and I expected more about the premature birth, based on the title. Certainly there were some amusing moments but I thought it was too abbreviated. Maybe with a small child around, he doesn't have time for longer sentences/anecdotes?:) ( )
  melissajerome | Dec 20, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A cute little book that gives short incidents in the life of the author's son to prove the fact that often humor comes from truth.
A quick read but an interesting one. I liked it. ( )
  patmil | Oct 9, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Like another reviewer suggested, I'd recommend this book as a bathroom book. I was expecting a complete story of how the author's baby was conceived and born but instead it is a bunch of short sentences describing events. They are organized by age of the baby. Some of the stories are cute, some are funny and some are just meh. I probably would not recommend this book to anyone to buy and did not leave a lasting impression on me.

I received this book free through LTER. ( )
  JillGabaldon | Oct 9, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a copy of this book in the Early Reviewers Giveaway on LibraryThing. As a first time parent new parent myself, I found a lot of relatable humor in the short and fragmented documentary style of the writing. I didn't really see a lot of how the prematurity may have impacted the birth, other than no one is ever REALLY ready for their first child. Following until about age 5, we meet the little family and are given tidbits of their (extra)ordinary existence to share. ( )
  rachelp1985 | Sep 13, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Paul Alexander's book Our Baby Was Born Premature (The Same Way He Was Conceived) is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Run Amok Books

An edition of this book was published by Run Amok Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,909,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible