The Liar's Daughter by Megan Cooley Peterson

The Liar's Daughter (edition 2020)

by Megan Cooley Peterson (Author)

Member:KevinVMurdock
Title:The Liar's Daughter
Authors:Megan Cooley Peterson (Author)
Info:Holiday House (2020), 304 pages

The Liar's Daughter by Megan Cooley Peterson

I was sent this book from the publisher/publicity team. My ratings and reviews will be my own personal opinions and are in no way influenced by publishers or authors who may have sent me books to review.

I was not really sure where this story was going to go, but I ended up really enjoying it. If you love True Crime and different things like that, I think you will enjoy this one. There is a limited look into the cult life, but it was still very interesting since you know that things like this really happen.

This story follows Piper before and after being in a cult. I found the parts with the story and the cult interesting. I also enjoyed the after parts as Piper starts to unravel everything that has happened in her life.

This not a very detailed read, but you will find yourself wanting to know what happens next. It is unlike any other thing I have read. Overall, this was surprised me and I really enjoyed it. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Nov 27, 2019 |
Very compelling. The time jumps between Piper's time as a "daughter" of the cult that stole her and after she was rescued kept me intrigued from beginning to end, waiting to connect all the dots and see the entire picture. My only criticism is that, though the author frequently did an excellent job of conveying the inner turmoil Piper experienced as she tried to reconcile the truth with the lies, there were dialogue-heavy times in which she swung back and forth with no explanation of what she was feeling. Those moments made it harder to understand how she could go from fanatical devotion to Father and Mother to making bold statements of doubt, but that was a minor point for me. ( )
  clrichm | Oct 22, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,510,318 books! | Top bar: Always visible