Inner Tenderings by Louise Wilson

Inner Tenderings (1996)

by Louise Wilson

212765,533 (4)None
Louise Wilson is in demand as a seminar speaker, retreat leader, and teacher. This book is her story. She shares herself with the reader while retelling her life-long journey. The author does not leave out painful times as she reveals how God taught her to be obedient in all areas of her life.This book is an inspiration to all readers who yield themselves to Jesus Christ and are willing to be used for the teaching of disciples. Adult readers.… (more)

Spiritual autobiography by the founder of Virginia Beach Friends Meeting, NCYM-Cons. ( )
  FriendshipFLibrary | Jul 6, 2016 |
A very interesting memoir of a Friend from North Carolina Yearly Meeting (Conservative).

I found my reactions varied as I read the book. I was thrilled to read more about Howard Thurman. It occurred to me he was rather like a guru for her.

I also found her continual struggles with her husband interesting. Reading a memoir like this strips the author to the core, I suppose, but what came through was almost a feeling that he was emotionally abusive. Yet, I am also certain that was not what she wanted to write.

The other reaction I had that was quite interesting was my openness to her message when she spoke of Christ and her Christology, but how I shut down when she shifted her language to speak of Jesus and her Jesusology. Of course, this says more about me (and where I am spiritually?) than it does about her.

Recommended read..... ( )
  kaulsu | Jun 12, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,331,193 books! | Top bar: Always visible