Beholding and Becoming: The Art of Everyday Worship

by Ruth Chou Simons

2063131,462 (4.71)1
You are in the process of becoming. Every day is an opportunity to be shaped and formed by what moves your heart, drives your thoughts, and captures your gaze. Is it any wonder that where you direct your eyes and your heart matter in your day-to-day? We become what we behold when we set our hearts and minds on Christ and His redemption story here in the details of our daily lives-not just on Sunday, not just on holidays, not just when extraordinarily hard or wonderful things happen...but today. Today is an opportunity for God to demonstrate His love and His faithfulness in the midst of your mundane. No circumstance is too ordinary or too forgotten for Him to meet you there in worship. His transforming grace turns your "everyday ordinary" into a holy place of becoming.… (more)

First of all, this book is GORGEOUS! But more importantly I believe Ruth really tries to stay true to the Bible while speaking of experiences and walking through different seasons of life. It isn't as deep as I might've liked but it is still a beautiful way to add a little extra encouragement and reminders of who God is and who we are. ( )
  Kayleigh_Martin | Jul 5, 2022 |
It’s my second time through this book and it was just as wonderful as the first time. This book is a balm for the soul; a place to stop and rest and meditate on God’s truths while also enjoying the beauty of the artwork in the book inspired by nature. ( )
  skayw | Mar 20, 2022 |
Are you ready to better understand how to make your life's journey simpler, more joyful, and more productive? If so, this is the book for you. It is a beautiful book, both in words and pictures. It is well written in a simple yet very thought-provoking way. Sometimes we get so busy beholding life that we don't pay enough attention to remember that what we behold does indeed shape who we are, who we become. This book will bless you, encourage you, enlighten you, and help you to become a better person. This book deserves much more praise than I am capable of conveying. I love, love, love and treasure this book! ( )
  JudyMcNelley | Dec 1, 2019 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,753,175 books! | Top bar: Always visible