Of Curses and Kisses (Rosetta Academy) by…

Of Curses and Kisses (Rosetta Academy) (edition 2020)

by Sandhya Menon (Author)

Told in two voices, Jaya Rao, an East Indian princess, and Grey Emerson, an English lord, suffer the effects of a centuries-old feud when they meet at an elite Colorado boarding school.
Member:BHWolves
Title:Of Curses and Kisses (Rosetta Academy)
Authors:Sandhya Menon (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2020), 384 pages
Collections:2016 books

Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon

DNF at 46%. I gave it a fair shot, but this book is just dragging. Nothing really interesting is happening, most of the plot is a misunderstanding, and the romances isn't even worth it in my opinion. I just find I have no interest in continuing this book.
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
I love how this retelling of Beauty and the Beast was full of subtle similarities. They fit so well into the story that I didn't even realize how fun the connection was until after I had finished the book. I also felt like I learned more about royal culture in India by reading this book, which was an unexpected bonus. ( )
  Emma.June.Lyon | Feb 23, 2021 |
First of this author's books I've read and I was very pleased with it. The royal sisters are great characters as is Grey, and the supporting cast is interesting as well. Nice plot, gently twisted and the romance is just right. ( )
  sennebec | Jul 13, 2020 |
At an international boarding school in the Colorado Mountains, children of both old and new money study together. When the press can't stop hounding the Raos, they decide to send their two daughters to St. Rosetta. Jaya, the oldest and heir to their family princely estate in India, is very concerned with duty and punishing who leaked a photo to the press. Convinced it is their generations old enemy the Emersons, she has a plan to beat Grey Emerson for good. If you are a fan of fairy tale retellings, this one's for you. It takes some of the best parts of the Beauty and the Beast story and brings them to the 21st century. I particularly liked how Jaya's ruby rose necklace played a role in counting down the curse. ( )
  ethel55 | Apr 24, 2020 |
Contemporary YA retelling of Beauty and the Beast fairy tale. This one takes place in the span of one semester at an elite Colorado boarding school. The Beauty in this case is Princess Jaya Rao from a royal family in India and the Beast is Lord Grey Emerson, the son of a British aristocratic family. These families have been enemies for years. The story is told in the alternating points of view of Jaya and Grey. There are many interesting side character classmates of Jaya and Grey. I hope these characters' stories will be part of the St. Rosetta's Academy series. ( )
  deslivres5 | Apr 5, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

For the cursed and the brave who refuse to bow to the stars

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,466,413 books! | Top bar: Always visible