Cosmic Fever

by Eric J. Adams

721,873,287 (3)1

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
[Disclaimer: I got this book via LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program]
While reading the first part of the book I wondered about what is the author's point. It was obvious that he had something to say, but the text was quite pedantic. The same happened in the second part, where everything seemed to have been changed after the discovery of the Theory of Everything; there was something baffling. Only at the end of the third part, the one starting with the announce that the equation beneath the ToE was wrong and with the subsequent disillusion and crash of the whole world, I understood what the intentions of Adams were. (The last part is just a short afterword; by the way, the "explanation" of the ToE has no scientific foundation whatever, but I can stand it since this is not a technical book but a novel.) Apart for pinpointing the quirks and contradictions of the monotheistic religions, what really happens is that the lives of the main characters, that already crossed themselves during the story, are shown to be thoroughly intertwined; we could say that the Theory of Everything was not just (or only) scientific, but rather humanistic. Those 30 pages enhanced my appraisal of the book, and indeed the third part shows that facts are never polarized and there's always something unexpected; but I keep thinking that the preparation of the climax is too long and boring. ( )
  .mau. | Dec 17, 2019 |
disappointing ( )
  cyoder44 | Dec 2, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Eric J. Adams's book Cosmic Fever was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,440,448 books! | Top bar: Always visible