Royally Bitten

by Lexi C. Foss

Series: Blood Alliance (2)

522,501,761 (5)None

So glad I took a chance on this particular author as I had not read any of her work before embarking on this series.
I am now a complete fan of this incredibly imaginative but brutal future dystopian world: this author has quite the lurid imagination let me tell you.
This is the second book in the Blood Alliance series and this time we get acquainted with Royal vampire Kylan and Rae or Raelyn to Kylan.
We get to join Rae and her friends at the totally barbaric blood day ceremony where the humans in there 22nd year are being sorted into there designated factions and twelve of them the brightest and best in there graduating class will be chosen to compete for the immortal cup: a competition where the last two left alive will be given the gift of immortality, one to join the lycans and the other the Vampire ranks.
Rae's hopes are dashed when she unintentionally catches the eye of the royal Prince and instead of her place competing in the tournament, she is acquired for the royal harem.
Kyran is referenced in book one as having murdered his whole harem for sport and is rumoured to be suffering because of his advanced age from some form of immortal insanity but things are not always quite what they seem on the surface and Kylans waters run much deeper than he outwardly reveals.
I also found this had a totally different vibe to its predecessor and I enjoyed this even more than Chastely Bitten.
I really didn't think that was even remotely possible considering how much I adored this but this actually surpassed my expectations completely overtaking book one in my affections.
Rae herself is of a totally different personality type than Juliet was: more feisty and argumentive challenging Kylan at every turn.
Kylan I liked a lot more than I originally thought I would he was quite the personality.
I found that this instalment explores the sexuality side of things much more
Kylan even has a male blood slave Mikail though he is not actually gay he is certainly more fluid with his affections towards his charge indulging him with pleasure while taking his vein.
There is also some slight M/F/M action between Kylan, Rae and Mikail
We also get reacquainted with Jace, Darius and his Juliet and though brief I adored catching up with them all.
So this for me was a fantastic read and I really didn't want it to end I was that invested in the unfolding dramatic storyline.
I liked where this went and am looking ahead eagerly for book three this is one series I recommend highly loved it.
I voluntary reviewed an Arc of Royally Bitten (Blood Alliance Series Book 2).
All opinions expressed are entirely my own.

Reviewed By Beckie Bookworm
www.beckiebookworm.com ( )
  carpathian1974 | Nov 7, 2019 |

I found that this instalment explores the sexuality side of things much more
There is also some slight M/F/M action between Kylan, Rae and Mikail
I voluntary reviewed an Arc of Royally Bitten (Blood Alliance Series Book 2).
All opinions expressed are entirely my own.

Reviewed By Beckie Bookworm
www.beckiebookworm.com ( )
  carpathian1974 | Nov 7, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,503,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible