dismiss

White Sheep of the Family: A Legends of…

by JC Kang (Author)

214,057,424 (5)None
Member:Constant2m
Title:White Sheep of the Family: A Legends of Tivara Story (Scions of the Black Lotus Book 2)
Authors:JC Kang (Author)
Info:(2019), 180 pages
Rating:*****

White Sheep of the Family: A Legends of Tivara Story (Scions of the Black Lotus Book 2) by JC Kang

Recently added byConstant2m, tigerzii

JC Kang does it again. I never thought I would enjoy a courtesan story so much, but this is fun. There's a new addition to the ensemble, Zheng Tian, who I remember liking a lot in Songs of Insurrection. Tian is brought in to the Black Lotus Clan because of his powers of observation. And while much about the world of Jie and Little Wen baffles him, he is able to figure out the rest of the story that began in the previous book. What was Lilian up to? Who was she working with? And what was the purpose of Lord Ting's assassination in the previous story?

Tian was cute. Always dreaming about Princess Kaiya, his betrothed (really?), he couldn't help being fascinated by the incredible skills of the women of the Black Lotus. But then, he was only ten in this story. And ten-year-olds see all the magic that is in the world. I also felt even worse for Jie. She was never my favorite but watching her go from trusting others to expecting betrayal around every corner was heartbreaking. There are good, trustworthy people even in your world, Jie!

While many things were wrapped up neatly by the end, I have the suspicion that the adventure is only beginning and look forward to reading whatever comes next.

I received a free audiobook from the author and reviewed it willingly. The narrator, once again, did a fantastic job with all the character voices. ( )
  Constant2m | Jun 30, 2020 |

JC Kang is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,075,242 books! | Top bar: Always visible