I am change by Suzy Zail

I am change (edition 2019)

by Suzy Zail

8None1,889,442 (5)None
They told her that her body belonged to men and her mind didn't matter. They were wrong. "What if I don't want to marry?" Lillian held her breath. She had never said the words out loud. "Not want to marry?" Her aunt frowned. "What else would you do?"Set in a Ugandan village, Lilian has learned to shrink herself to fit other people's ideas of what a girl is. In her village a girl is not meant to be smarter than her brother. A girl is not meant to go to school or enjoy her body or decide who to marry. Especially if she is poor.Inspired by and written in consultation with young Ugandan women, I Am Change is the tragic but empowering story of how a young girl finds her voice and the strength to fight for change.… (more)
Member:CampionLibrarySTIG
Title:I am change
Authors:Suzy Zail
Info:Black Dog Books, 2019.
Collections:Senior Fiction

Work Information

I am change by Suzy Zail

No reviews

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,101,878 books! | Top bar: Always visible