Invisible Kingdom Volume 1 by G. Willow…

Invisible Kingdom Volume 1 (edition 2019)

by G. Willow Wilson (Author), Christian Ward (Illustrator)

Series: Invisible Kingdom (Vol. 1 (1-5))

In a small solar system in a far-flung galaxy, two women one a young religious acolyte and the other, a hard-bitten freighter pilot uncover a conspiracy between the leaders of the most dominant religion and an all-consuming mega-corporation. On the run from reprisals on both sides, this unlikely pair must decide where their loyalties lie and risk plunging the world into anarchy if they reveal the truth.… (more)
Member:jsheilas
Title:Invisible Kingdom Volume 1
Authors:G. Willow Wilson (Author)
Other authors:Christian Ward (Illustrator)
Info:Berger Books (2019), Edition: Illustrated, 136 pages

Work Information

Invisible Kingdom: Walking the Path by G. Willow Wilson

I liked the basic ideas here, though it does feel heavily Saga-influenced with all the zipping around and quickly sketched worldbuilding. It's about a space Amazon delivery crew, a nun who finds out her religious order is corrupt, and what brings them together. Christian Ward's art is beautiful, but I found the writing and the art made it a struggle to track the space Amazon characters as individuals, much to the detriment of the story.
  Stevil2001 | Dec 15, 2021 |
Began very confusing until it hits a stride where the story becomes interesting. As far as the story-telling, I felt like I was paddling with my hands until someone gave me an oar. I loved the idea but did not care for the execution.

2.5 ( )
  DestDest | Mar 6, 2020 |
My review for this graphic novel can be found on my Youtube Vlog at:

Enjoy! ( )
  booklover3258 | Jan 21, 2020 |
As with Ms. Marvel, the characters are stronger than the plot, but the whole thing is quite pleasant. We have a spaceship with a ragtag crew a la Firefly on the run from a big bad corporation and a corrupt religious organization. Wilson uses the sci fi setting to make some on-the-nose but valid points about Amazon, the gig economy, and rampant consumerism. ( )
  villemezbrown | Dec 4, 2019 |

G. Willow Wilsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ward, ChristianIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
for my girls, as always - G. Willow Wilson
for Catherine - Christian Ward
The planet Qari. High orbit. Five minutes ago.
Dear valued and estimable Lux customer: Due to unforeseen shipping delays, your recent order from Lux will arrive later than expected.

G. Willow Wilson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,573,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible